Search results

1. W

LOST - drivers licence - Loftus/RNP trails, Sunday 3Feb

It looks like my licence has slipped out of my bag while extracting my phone at the Loftus trails this morning. The three likely locations are: the junction on the northern side of the tram tracks where the return firetrail coming up hill meets the start of Ziggy Zaggy. the first junction on...
  2. W

Sources for new/spare brake caliper bolts

Does anyone have a favourite source for brake caliper bolts? M6x30mm (or longer as required). One or two of the usual on-line stores don't have them, and Bunnings seems a bit unreliable. Does anyone have another source I haven't thought of which is reliable and cheap (my trusted LBS is not...
  3. W

US trade war - suggested retaliatory tariffs?

With US tariffs on steel and aluminium likely to apply to Australian exports, Australia will at least get the opportunity to impose some tariffs on US exports as retaliation. The EU's Chief Juncker has suggested Europe impose tariffs on Harley Davidsons, Levis and bourbon, (and summed it up...
  4. W

Wanted: older (M665/765/975) Shimano brake caliper

I'm looking to complete a set of brakes. I have the XTR M975 lever, and hoping someone has a leftover caliper to match. I'm not fussed if it's SLX (M665), XT (M765) or XTR (M975), but I understand these older brakes (pre2012) use the older (larger ID?) brake hose. That's why I'm seeking a...
  5. W

NSW Basic 26in wheelset 9mm QR - Sydney

Hi guys I'm after wheels to help a neighbour put together a bike for his son. - 26in - 9mm QR - hoping to pay no more than $100 - would probably prefer 6-bolt hub over centrelock, but it's not a deal breaker It's for a 30kg kid, so if there is any preference then it would be for...
  6. W

Shimano XTR M975 LH/rear brake - FOUND

Hi guys I'm chasing a LH XTR M975 brake (as per the extremely large photo - sorry). Complete lever/caliper would be best, but if someone has the lever only then I can start with that. I've got RH one but looking for a matching set. Hoping to keep the cost around $50 (+postage to Sydney)...
  7. W

Suggestions for kids/youths cycling clothes?

I know it's a vets forums, but it seems the most common place to post questions about kids. My 8yo is getting more interested in mtbing, but his fair skin means we have to be pretty vigilant about protecting it from UV, which thankfully he doesn't object to. Aside from the back of his neck, I...