Search results

1. Disco

Sold

Keen, but woah! Is the TT really that short? Is that measurement (20") centre of the seat tube to centre of the head tube?
  2. Disco

The Fixie Thread

After doing some hunting and digging I've finally found a set of straps I'm definately keen on... JOL/Gurney Straps. [Mating them to Odyssey PC's] http://velojol.blogspot.com/search/label/JOL%20products However, I cant find where I can pick up a couple of sets from? I had an unsuccessful...
  3. Disco

All mountain styles - Specialized Enduro Pro w/Sunline love

YEAH! She's looking good! didnt take me long to switch the enduro tyres off mine... although I loved them, just needed some thicker sidewall... Blingin' work floody. Love to see another adoring enduro owner.
  4. Disco

Front Wheel Radial Lacing?

So my hubs have arrived for my fixie, and the rims are due in in the next day or so... Having been building wheels for years, I've always run 3-cross on both the front and rear... but for something a little crazy, a little different, I've had thaughts of radially lacing my fixie front wheel...
  5. Disco

Cleaning up a sluggish laptop...

wow... cheers for all the informative replies. Sounds like I'll be best to clean out the fans and heat sinks (have given them a minor clean every now and again), and just clean it up back to stock. However, I'm liking the idea of rebooting it with Windows 7... So if my laptop is XP with...
  6. Disco

Cleaning up a sluggish laptop...

Hey guys, I've had a Toshiba Satellite (~$2300 when purchased) for the last two years: being used for uni assignments, watching dvd's, occasional trolling, collating music and pictures. Its running XP, but is vista compatable, so it is one of the later generations of XP. There's stil a stack...
  7. Disco

The famous people you've met!

I caught Nick Gionopalas (sp?) (aka 'The Wog Boy', et al.) at Melbourne Airport when I was waiting for a connecting flight. Aussie celebs FTW! :cool:
  8. Disco

Specialized 2008 Brains

'09? / '010 Epics run the shock underneath the top tube, not along the seat stay as in previous years.
  9. Disco

POS SX Trail COMPLETE on Page 4, Action page 5

nice! i've been following this thread a while, and she's come up very nicely indeed! :D Nice build all round, dropping out the 66's could shave you a heap of weight if you were so inclined ;) Good work. Keep the action shots coming!
  10. Disco

Great Authors; and their books you've read.

I chew through quite a few books on the train to and from uni each semester... my genre is political, thriller, action, spy, war and their interconnecting variants. usually Jack Higgins, Robert Ludlum or Alistair Maclean. FTW! :D
  11. Disco

Merry Christmas from Krispy Kreme

i dont particularly dig KC... BUT VALUE FOR MONEY? WHATS NOT TO LIKE! :p om nom nom
  12. Disco

Metal, Hardcore, Punk and everything inbetween

hahaha, emocore has been around since the dawn of emo... it was a way of emo kids feeling tougher about what they listened to. :rolleyes:
  13. Disco

Merry Christmas from Krispy Kreme

Yeah! Krispy Kreme here I come! :D
  14. Disco

Current wait time for Code parts from SRAM - 2-3 weeks seems a bit long

Its a pain in the ass. Most distributors will close between christmas and new years, so they generally wind down coming up to christmas, and dont start placing comprehensive orders from the manufacturer until into the new year. :cool:
  15. Disco

bmx cranks on jump bike

Common sense would lean towards a 22mm axle over a 19mm for stifness and strength, and the opposite for bearing durability. The problem with LH Wombolt cranks was the cluster, not the arms, easily fixed. No comment on the newer Twombolts. Although the luftalarms are heavy, they're solid. I...
  16. Disco

Quality bike tools - a comparison. Park vs. Pedros

I must say I'm highly amused, and potentially impressed by The BBQ-3... McBain, any expansion possible on the comment relating to them earlier? Mikey.
  17. Disco

geo: race vs. endurance

When I did Specialized's SBCU course last year, they explained this in reasonable depth with the release of the specialized roubaix. Some of the technology they expained was: - Endurance geometry has a slightly longer wheelbase, to make it more stable at speed (important when fatigued) at a...
  18. Disco

POS SX Trail COMPLETE on Page 4, Action page 5

Nice! The SX's are awesome bikes. I roll an '06 S-Works Enduro, SX-Style build. It shows potential, but theres something about matt black that just doesnt seem to do it for me.... or it could be the gnarly yellow of the deemaxes. :rolleyes:
  19. Disco

QLD {SOLD}2006 Specialized P3 - $350 - PICS UP NOW

PM Sent......
  20. Disco

What's the best 4-5 inch travel steed?

I think theres actually an uncanny natural fluctuation in every mountain biker... between weight and travel. :rolleyes: