Search results

1. billymtb

Sram Guide olive and barb keeps leaking

I've re-installed a new olive and barb on my SRAM guide 4 times to try and stop a slow weep from between the compression nut and the hose. Thought it was because my line cut wasn't straight enough so bought a hydraulic hose cutter on ebay and did everything perfectly including putting some DOT...
  2. billymtb

RockShox Monarch Plus RC3 200x57mm Debon air

Item: RockShox Monarch Plus RC3 200x57mm Debon air Location: Perth, willing to pay postage Price range/Willing to Pay:Around $350, negotiable Extra Info: A med-med tune is ideal
  3. billymtb

Large sum of money stolen from hotel room

My girlfriend is currently staying in a self serviced apartment in Sydney, she made the most stupidest and rookiest mistake of leaving all her spending money for the trip in her hotel room bag. About $5000 AUD. She went out around lunch time and came back a few hours later to find that someone...
  4. billymtb

2015 Giant Reign owners

I was caressing my bike today and noticed a small dent. It is on the strut between the chain stay and the seat stay. Does anyone have anything similar ? Very hard to notice but interested in if its a design flaw or manufacturing fault.
  5. billymtb

Zee vs Guide brakes

Looking to upgrade my deore brake set. I need alot more power than what I am getting currently so 4 piston is a must. Deciding between Guide and Zee. I ride 50% downhill and 50% all mountain on a giant reign and I am 95kg. I believe zee will have slightly more power but the Guides will have...
  6. billymtb

WA Sold

Item: 2013 Norco Sight killer B2 XL Location: Perth, WA. I can ship within Australia. Item Condition: Good, mechanically excellent Reason for selling: Travelling Price and price conditions: $1700 + postage Extra Info: Have kit to convert back to 2x if required. I normally fit a large but...
  7. billymtb

Why was this ride so much better?

I had the opportunity to test the 2015 Trek remedy 9 27.5 (Fox 34 performance, fox performance float) today at a demo and wow, I was really blown away. My current bike is a 2013 Norco sight killer b 2 (150mm revelation, fox float ctd). Im 93kg and like to bomb the downhills these were the...
  8. billymtb

3M 2228 Rubber Mastic Tape

I am trying to find a cheap retailer for this tape preferably 2". But all the sites i come across including Ebay have priced it so highly, cheap in USA but the postage is quite ridiculous. Would really love some of this on my chain stay and downtube. My questions are is there a cheaper rubber...
  9. billymtb

Norco sight 1x10 with a short cage derailleur

Looking for someone that has managed to put a short cage on a norco sight, currently 1x10 with a 11 - 36t cassette, I know the zee is said to be able to handle this gear range but another variable is chain growth. My 2013 norco sight has about 40mm or 45 mm chain growth which seems quite alot to...
  10. billymtb

X-fusion HILO 100: harsh top out

Did a quick oil change and pumped it up to 25 psi as per the instructions, but now the post extends and depresses beautifully except for the last 10 - 20mm of travel of the extension. It starts at a good pace but as soon as there is only 10 - 20mm left of travel to go it accelerates and makes a...
  11. billymtb

Giant Trance SX

Hey guys, I'm looking for a new enduro/all mountain bike and have come across the trance SX. It seems perfect for my intentions but i can't figure out where the cost comes from. It's RRP is 4,000 but it has deore brakes, and an alright derailleur. The forks are 34 sure, but they are still...
  12. billymtb

Widening upper crown holes

Hey everyone, i rounded a bolt off into my 2008 boxxer race forks, tried to extract, failed, then i drilled it out whilst also ruining the thread. So i have had to drill a larger diameter hole of instead of using a 5mm bolt now i have to use a 6mm bolt. Would this affect the strength of my...
  13. billymtb

physics of cornering

The more time i spend at uni, learning about physics, the more I am confused about why some people preach certain cornering techniques. I'll post a couple examples of what i mean and i hope someone can prove me wrong (so i can actually try and corner better!) or post some alternative ideas...
  14. billymtb

Glory Rear Hub cone

I have a glory 1 2008, and i've lost the a cone like spacer separating the rear hub and the left side of the frame (rotor side) i have no idea if i am able to re-order a specific part like this or if it a part of the hub at all. Has anyone had any experiences with this part? and if i am able...
  15. billymtb

Weirdest phone call i've ever got

I was on the way to school on a mini bus from rowing, and i get a phone call from an unknown number, i answered and a 30 or so year old voice goes "Mr (my surname) jump out the bus now, you have two chances" and hangs up. I'm 100% percent sure it wasn't anyone on the bus as i was looking at...
  16. billymtb

Downhill at goat farm, Perth

Me riding the goat farm, Perth We broke the tripod just before filming, so that explains the shakyness. Camera is poor. everything else is alright :o http://www.vimeo.com/6792739 song: Bliss n Eso - The sea is rising
  17. billymtb

stumped on chain guide

I recently stripped my whole bike, and when the time came to put the chain guide and sprocket/bash guard/ cranks back on, it was almost like the bash guard didn't fit inside the chain guide, it would hit the top part of the chain guide. You can adjust it but even at the highest point it still...
  18. billymtb

7 - day feeder for fish tank

Well our family is going on holidays and we need a 7-day fish feeder capable of 150 gallons, most of them are only 10 - 15 gallon. Shall we just buy 10 of these? or is there something else we can do. It is a fresh water tank. Also im not exactly sure on the gallons but i did these measurements...
  19. billymtb

Thumb injury

Last Tuesday i injured my thumb catching a footy, the ball some how damaged the tissue in the muscle below the thumb. it was heavily swollen and blue for a good 3 days, it was agony, i continued to play sport (rugby) with it strapped which cause me some grief. 5 days later, the swelling has...
  20. billymtb

Boxxer Front axle skewer

Item: Boxxer front axle skewer (rod with two bolts either side and those two small springs. Location: Perth, Western Australia Price range/Willing to Pay: $20 - $ 30 depending on location. Extra Info: Threads need to be excellent, not looking for the actual through axle but the skewer.