Search results

1. BrumbyJack

Women's Bike Saddles...

I haven't posted on here for ages... but I seriously need to get some advice from some women!!! I have a Selle Italia Trans Am saddle on my MTB (hardtail) and I think it's great... I've got a cheaper cut out seat on my road bike, which seems to get more use these days and it's killing me...
  2. BrumbyJack

Cancer Council Relay for Life - Jindabyne 24 hours of walking...

It's on again, the Snowy Mountains Relay for Life. This year I am again entering as part of the Snowy Mountains Grammar School team, however I am doing something special... My aim is to walk for 24 hours without stopping for sleep. This is my page if you want to sponsor me online...
  3. BrumbyJack

SOLD - SPD Shoes - Free to a good home (actually not sold, but given)

Given away, to a new home in Cooma :D Item: Size 37 Shimano SPD shoes Location: Jindabyne NSW Item Condition: Excellent condition for their age, normal wear and tear. Reason for selling: Outgrown Price and price conditions: Shoes are free, delivery negotiable. Extra Info: These shoes...
  4. BrumbyJack

Any user reviews on a Thule 934XT - 4 Bike Hitching Post Pro

I've seen a few comments in another thread, that I dug up, but they weren't specific to this carrier. Does anyone have one of these racks, or know anyone that has one??? Brief specs listed below, full specs on link further below. Thule Product Info Site Has anyone used this rack...
  5. BrumbyJack

Pics from the Girls XC at Interschools - Thredbo

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone got any pics of Pine_Forest_Princess aka Shez, riding with her shoe missing in the Girls XC yesterday at Thredbo???? I'd really love a copy if you did, I was too busy freaking out about her leg to think about taking pics. Cheers :)
  6. BrumbyJack

Snowy Relay for Life

OK, I really don't know if this is the done thing on Farkin or not, can't say I've seen any similar thread, so my apologies if I'm out of line. I should have posted this a few days ago, but didn't get a chance... Well as some of you already know, the kids and I are entered in the Cancer...
  7. BrumbyJack

Home made bike....

OK, the search funtion isn't working for me ATM :( But I can remember seeing a thread on here about someone that had made their own frame???? Does anyone know where it was, or who it was???? Also, does anyone have a rough idea how much Titanium tube costs, suitable for frame building...
  8. BrumbyJack

Which discipline do you want to kill off???

XC or MTNX, because they both have a state round on the same day :confused: 28th May unless there is a lot of wrong information.
  9. BrumbyJack

Making my road bike more big hill friendly...

:confused: And don't say just get fitter, because the whole issue is putting me off riding it. I have a road bike (amongst lots of MTB's). It's got 42 & 52 chainrings with Shimano RSX front and rear (I know SFA about road stuff). My sons road bike has a triple chain ring with Shimano 105...
  10. BrumbyJack

Westpac's loss is St Georges gain

Did anyone esle have trouble with Westpac on Friday????? The system went down and when it came back up, I no longer had access, it was no longer accepting 7 digit PIN's, only 6. After waiting on hold for an hour, I luckily get a very helpful guy, who tells me that it hasn't accepted 7...
  11. BrumbyJack

Frame Geometry Abbreviations

OK, some of them are obvious, some of the manufacturers give you a diagram/key, some of them tell you SFA!!!! Here is a list, if I'm wrong please let me know and otherwise, can you help fill in the blanks please??? HA = Head Angle SA = Seatpost angle WB = Wheelbase (hope they all...
  12. BrumbyJack

Hub from Dirt Jam Pro 2006 - suggestions.

OK, I've ended up with some lovely wheels..... on hubs that seem to suit only Dirt Jam Pro's. (front obviously) They came from a 2006 STP01. I'm starting to run out of ideas..... Re-lacing the rims on some other hubs is looking a good option. What other forks will these hubs go on...
  13. BrumbyJack

06 State Series MtnX Calendar

Round #1: Mar 25th Thredbo www.rawnrg.com.au Round #2: May 28th Sydney Olympic Park www.wsmtb.com Round #3: Jun 18th Goulburn - Green Grocers www.corc.asn.au State Championships: Jul 29th Newcastle – Black Hill www.hmba.asn.au Round #4: Aug 20th Ebenezer www.wsmtb.com No, it isn't...
  14. BrumbyJack

Cyclone Larry

My thoughts are with our FNQ friends..... Hopefully all residents get through this. Looking at the Sat pics this morning, Innisfail got a direct hit, the eye is directly over the town now.
  15. BrumbyJack

06-07 National Series Calendar

OK, so we know where the National Championships are being held... But has any information been released about the National Series???
  16. BrumbyJack

Chix weekend at Thredbo March 11-12, 2006

Hey girls, if you want to give DH a go, then rock up to this girls only weekend at Thredbo.... Guys, if you have a girlfriend that watches you ride and sounds like she might be interested in having a go, this is the weekend to try it out. I just saw so many girls at the Interschools over...
  17. BrumbyJack

Changing from Shimano Deore to SRAM ???

OK, time to upgrade one XC bike... very well ridden, well loved and now very worn out!!! Currently has a Shimano Deore setup, but after having SRAM on another bike, think that is the way to go... What needs to be changed??? Derailleur only, or cassette as well... (I think my bike has...
  18. BrumbyJack

20mm thru axles - QR problem

Somehow we have managed to get the axle stuck inside the hub :eek: Everything works fine, axle is free in the forks, hubs spin etc., but some part of the hub (outside bit I think) has managed to stick itself to the thru axle and it will not budge!!!! We suspect that some water has got in...
  19. BrumbyJack

Where to buy... Dainese Short Protector MTB

These things.... Actually saw them being advertised for Snowboarding and thought.. what a good idea!!! I had been on the lookout for some protective leg/hip stuff for some bony little hips... The Gemini bib and brace looks good too, but it doesn't appear to have the coccyx...
  20. BrumbyJack

Buller National Round Weather....

It's not looking good from what I can see on the BoM Vic Alpine page What does that mean in local speak????? If it was Thredbo I'd be saying rain about 6pm... etc... local weather patterns etc.