06-07 National Series Calendar

BrumbyJack

Likes Dirt
OK, so we know where the National Championships are being held...

But has any information been released about the National Series???

Squidly Didly

Has Been
Staff member
BrumbyJack said:
OK, so we know where the National Championships are being held...

But has any information been released about the National Series???
HAHA we've barely finalised the State Calendar :)

I-AM-TEH-FASTEST-11

Blitzkrieg Films
well since it's being discussed. here is the national series I want

Mt Buller DH
Mt Coramba (sp?).. yeh that coffs place whatever DH
Cairns DH
Cairns 4X (same w/e?)
Homebush 4x
Kooralbyn DH
Lithgow DH
Armidale 4x
Mt stromlo DH (champs) (4x aswell?)
newcastle 4x
Perth DH

but what we'll probably get

Thredbo DH and 4X
tassie dh and 4x
Thredbo DH and 4X
Thredbo DH and 4X
Thredbo DH and 4X
buller
Thredbo DH and 4X
somewhere in south australia
Thredbo DH and 4X
somewhere in qld I havent heard of
Thredbo DH and 4X
stromlo champs
and a thredbo round

ahhh I crack me up

demo man

Used to be cool.
I-AM-TEH-FASTEST-11 said:
well since it's being discussed. here is the national series I want

Mt Buller DH
Mt Coramba (sp?).. yeh that coffs place whatever DH
Cairns DH
Cairns 4X (same w/e?)
Homebush 4x
Kooralbyn DH
Lithgow DH
Armidale 4x
Mt stromlo DH (champs) (4x aswell?)
newcastle 4x
Perth DH

i hope you don't actually want that many races! if so, can you shout me a lift to all of them?

oh, and the Stromlo Champs will have 4X as well as DH, Trials, and XC - just to clear it up.

i don't expect the National Calendar to be out for quite a while yet... i mean , the Finals were only a week ago!

Squidly Didly

Has Been
Staff member
demo man said:
i hope you don't actually want that many races! if so, can you shout me a lift to all of them
Pfft I'd hit it. I personally haven't been to Buller, Coffs, Cairns, Canberra, and Perth yet. Half the fun of racing is travelling and checking out different locations. I'm personally sick of going to the same race course 3 damn times a year (you know where I mean).

*yes I realise this is highly unlikely to happen but meh. 4-race calendars suck!

top_dog

Likes Dirt
Why do you want Koralbyn. We have got way better tracks than that now. Toowoomba, Illinbah and even TWP's new track at Canungra are better than that.

Squidly Didly

Has Been
Staff member
top_dog said:
Why do you want Koralbyn. We have got way better tracks than that now. Toowoomba, Illinbah and even TWP's new track at Canungra are better than that.
It comes down to whether the club is willing/organised enough to host it. You gotta remember that a good track doesn't always mean a good race. There's a reason why there was no QLD round in the latest Nats series, and it had nothing to do with the tracks.

On a side note, i'd happily head back to Kooralbyn.

I-AM-TEH-FASTEST-11

Blitzkrieg Films
Demo I understand your point, but hell yehI am down on that many races.. with a decent spread.. as Squid said I'm sick of hitting the same places.
I also chose the places on how awesome they do their races, generally, not just on the quality of tracks.

As for kooralbyn I lvoe the place, it has a great atmosphere and I'm just down on it so much.
Squid once again really elaborated on it... there is more to it than a track.

I really don't expect these things to happen but I just wanted to throw it out there.. infact if I expected everything I said or wrote to happen DH racing would incorportate WAY more track side bars and strippers.

oh and thanks for the info on the stromlo champs.. I'm actually pretty excited about this.

nick

Likes Dirt
Nothing confirmed but.... I beleive FTF has put in a bid to host a Buller DH and 4X possibly at night. Aswell as a xc round at Whittlesea.

thecat

NSWMTB, Central Tableland MBC
This is getting sorted as we speak.

The only thing set in stone is SOP X4 early October as series openner.

Further dates and venues should be announced soon.

BrumbyJack

Likes Dirt
nick said:
Nothing confirmed but.... I beleive FTF has put in a bid to host a Buller DH and 4X possibly at night. Aswell as a xc round at Whittlesea.

OOOoooh, XC on the HDATO course??? That is fun :D Better be on a long weekend so it's only one trip ;)

gravity

Likes Dirt
pretty sure Team Mt Beauty is holding a XC + DH National Round in Feb 2007 :)
not sure about the rest but I'm guessing there's a good chance of Thredbo, Lithgow and Mt Buller will be on the calendar (DH and/or XC)
had a look at an MTBA club e-mail I received, 'official' public release of MTBA national series calendar May 31, 2006

Last edited:

::RideSiK::

Pro Rider
semi_lob said:
Perth better be in there, best track I've ever ridden by far

its not...
no downhill or 4x... apparently no 4x because all tracks have to be glen jacobs designed or something and it costs alot to get the guy over here to build tracks...

no dh beacsue there were a few timing isues last year...

thecat

NSWMTB, Central Tableland MBC
::RideSiK:: said:
apparently no 4x because all tracks have to be glen jacobs designed or something and it costs alot to get the guy over here to build tracks...
What a lot of Crap!

Round one is at SOP. A Brett Barns track. Nothing to do with whether Glen designed them or not.

Last edited:

::RideSiK::

Pro Rider
thecat said:
What a lot of Crap!

Round one is at SOP. A Brett Barns track. Nothing to do with whether Glen designed them or not.

i know nothing, thats what we were told over here thats all...

edit, i wasnt told, thats whats going around the rumour mill...