Snowy Relay for Life

BrumbyJack

Likes Dirt
OK, I really don't know if this is the done thing on Farkin or not, can't say I've seen any similar thread, so my apologies if I'm out of line.

I should have posted this a few days ago, but didn't get a chance...

Well as some of you already know, the kids and I are entered in the Cancer Council relay for life.

Here is our team page.

This Sunday is Siobhan's 12th birthday and this is how she decided she wanted to spend it. She plans on doing the midnight lap to celebrate her birthday doing something to help people beat the disease that has taken so many friends and family from us.

I (Tina) am walking in memory of my Mother.

Pine_Forest_Princess (Siobhan) is walking in memory of Sheila Sim, a very sadly missed special friend.

SouthShore (Brendan) is walking in memory of Eughan Cameron, another very sadly missed special part of our lives.

You can donate online if you wish, or otherwise just think some positive thoughts for us and all the others across the state doing the same thing

Yes, some people will notice this has been posted elsewhere, however the more people that sponsor us, or any other team, the better.

BrumbyJack

Likes Dirt
Yes, I know I can ride a bike for 24 hours without a break, I don't think my feet would handle walking for that long without a break.

Luckily I'm on a large team, so just doing the nightowl stuff, my favourite :D

Knight

Likes Dirt
Best wishes to all teams involved this weekend. Hope the weather is good - for all of us. My house at school is doing it and we're trying to beat our records...again...Good luck all.

BrumbyJack

Likes Dirt
Good luck with the weather Knight, check out our forecast!!!:eek: Hopefully your's will be more walker friendly :)

ALPS FORECAST: HEADLINE: Morning snow, then fine and cold.
Tonight: Increasing cloud with strong and gusty westerly winds.
Saturday: A light dusting of snow to levels as low as 600-700 metres around
sunrise before clearing to a partly cloudy day with fresh to strong, cold
southerly winds.
That's snow as low as Canberra!!!:eek:

nomis7

Banned
hey mate try and beat my lap count which is 127 laps:cool: on the anz stadium well were ever it was held in brissy 3 years ago
good luck with it :)

Knight

Likes Dirt
Yeah, still doesn't stop me from hoping for the best lol. I mean we all know that the weather forecasters are wrong unless you're planning something outdoors :rolleyes:

Sorry nomis7. We're way ahead of you.:p I did 186 laps in 23 hours (daylight saving) on a 400m track and our house's/team's total distance was something just over 1000kms.:D

BrumbyJack

Likes Dirt
Hey, I forgot to come back and check this out...

It DID snow on Saturday morning, we had more snow in Jindy Saturday morning than we did all winter :eek: we also had a killer frost on Saturday night, it came down about 9.30pm and got to -5 I believe.

We all had frost up the backs of our legs!!!:D

I gave up counting laps at 60 and turned to hours.... I walked 12 hours from a possible 19. Daylight savings cut it back to 23 hours, I had to work in the morning and only got there at 2pm. We estimated 192 laps.

Our small town raised an estimated $55,000 :cool: