Hub from Dirt Jam Pro 2006 - suggestions.

BrumbyJack

Likes Dirt
OK, I've ended up with some lovely wheels..... on hubs that seem to suit only Dirt Jam Pro's. (front obviously)

They came from a 2006 STP01.

I'm starting to run out of ideas..... Re-lacing the rims on some other hubs is looking a good option.

What other forks will these hubs go on??? (looked at some in a shop today, very odd setup).

These are OEM forks, so I can't buy any at the moment.

I've got a 20mm hub converter, from aireal, which fits our forks, but the new hub is too wide for our forks.

Have I missed something really basic???

Last edited:

bighitter

Likes Bikes and Dirt
are you trying to convert a formula hub which is 20mm t/a to qr with a aerial converter thingy ?
if so thats never gonna work

BrumbyJack

Likes Dirt
BrumbyJack said:
What other forks will these hubs go on??? (looked at some in a shop today, very odd setup).

These (dirt jam pro) are OEM forks, so I can't buy any at the moment.

That is the question....

BrumbyJack

Likes Dirt
bighitter said:
are you trying to convert a formula hub which is 20mm t/a to qr with a aerial converter thingy ?
if so thats never gonna work

Well, some 20mm hubs work quite well with the aerial converter.... just not the hub I have, due to the extensions on the side of the hub, which suit the Dirt Jams....

Basically I bought 2 wheels, but ended up with something different (not what I paid for). I took them anyway because they were better rims... and hoped I could sort the hub mess out. I actually posted the question about the hubs before I got them and someone told me about the aireal converter.... the thing I didn't mention was what forks the wheels came off (and to be honest, I didn't know, the seller didn't tell me).

Ryan

Radministrator
Ok, so are these one of those weird, "loose ball and cone" 20mm front hubs then?

As in, is this 'extension' you're talking about actually just a great big ugly nut on either side of the fork that adjusts the tension on the bearings? If it is, I'm afraid you're pretty much out of luck, there are very few forks that those weird ass things will fit into.

bradh

Likes Bikes and Dirt
BrumbyJack said:
Have I missed something really basic???
Yes. QR hubs are 100mm wide. 20mm-through-axle hubs are 110mm wide. The Aireal converters work because, on Aireal hubs, they are fitted in place of other parts; they can't be used to convert just any 20mm hub.