Search results

1. L

Sarah Booth's Crash. Is she ok?

Dude McT only told me about this last night, glad she is in good spirits considering
  2. L

Aussie wins womens amateur catagory at the Whistler Garbanzo Dh

Aussie wins womens amateur catagory at the Whistler Garbanzo Dh
  3. L

Are scram shifters compatible with shimano mecks ???

If you get the SRAM "Attack" shifters they will shift a sh*tmano rear mech, I have one on my commuter - X9 rear shifter, XT mech
  4. L

Saint crank cap

in an emergency a 5c coin works or is it a 10c, anyway the little one.
  5. L

Commuter Tyres

I have some Michelin rock riders - light, roll well and were nice and cheap, £7.99 each of CRC so like $15 each in your money roughly
  6. L

Matte black helmets..?

I have a Giro Hex in matt black
  7. L

Santa Cruz, Nomad/ Blur LT Vs Yeti, ASR 7/ 575

So on a recent trip to Verbier, a mixture of fast singletrack and very technical trails (rocky, steep, tight, exposed, all the good stuff) a Blur LT and Nomad coped well, a 575 was a little out of its depth on the really tech, noggin tweaking stuff. I think the 575 would be great for trails...
  8. L

gear indicator

If it is like the old x9 stuff then all it is a bit of plastic that engages a small cog inside the shfter so a simple thing to have a look at and fix but as the other fellow here says do you ever look at the indicator? None of the new X9 stuff has an indicator and it never bothers me.
  9. L

Kona Stinky and Rocky Mountain

If you're thinking of dropping the cash on an RM over in OZ then it's also worth considering the Knolly DT or V-tach if you want something with a bit more beef, still hand made in good old BC as well as over the border in the US.
  10. L

Freeride Hardtail Frames?

Norco Manik etc Norco Torrent NS Surge Cove Stiffee Banshee Morphine if you can handle the weight Transition Bank
  11. L

Pedals

Easton or Straitline
  12. L

Bar extensions?

785mm and Heath Robinson has left the building http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=40920
  13. L

Goggles. What are you using?

Oakley O Frame clear and Adidas Yodai orange tint
  14. L

Best Hardtail Frame?

I'm thinking of trading my Banshee Scirocco for a NS Surge.
  15. L

The open ended tyre question...

Some semi-slicks could be worth looking at especially if it's mainly hardpack / dust. Side knobs will still give you traction around the corners whilst the semi-slick will give you the speed over the hardpack/dust
  16. L

EARPHONES MEGATHREAD - All questions on earphones for riding asked and answered here

I would not use earphones if you're on the road as the lack of background perception is not that helpful in avoiding death! However, if you want a pair to isolate yourself from the outside world and get you in the zone if you're sessioning steet, DJs etc then I'd look at Shure e2C and e3C as a...
  17. L

Clipless pedals on northshore bridges

Another quality and useful Farkin post! Wade, Richey, Robbie, Vanderham, Bas, Bearclaw etc must all pussies also because they too ride flats and not only just for "freestyle", besides I thought we were in the "freeriding" section of the discussion forum? This flats V clips debate does not...
  18. L

Clipless pedals on northshore bridges

Flats all the way, I also run them on the commuter, can't see the joy of being attached to a speeding hulk of metal, especially of you go riding woodwork.
  19. L

Good Camera For Under $700

www.dpreview.com
  20. L

The shirt thread

http://www.savilerowshirts.net/