The shirt thread

Richo 18

Likes Bikes and Dirt
www.teefury.com is a very cool site.

Nothing the stupid "ironic" online t-shirt venders, these shirts actually look pretty good. "Shitty screen printed tee shirts" as our very cultured friend leitch would say. The only thing is that there's a new design every 24 hours and you can only buy them in that timeframe. Except for the "grab bag" deals they have every now and then (most likely just to get rid of the dodgy ones no one wanted...). $5usd per shirt, but you can't choose which one...

I bought 3...
Dude. Thankyou.

Totally just buying tees from there now.

'Ross

Eats Squid
None of us have screenprinting set-ups either, ross. Ghetto shirts are the best kind.
A screenprinting setup is actually not that far fetched at all, I know a few people with them, mainly for art and canvas purposes but they can print nice shirts at well, or a lot of people have facilities at uni where they can go and print stuff.

Here is a a couple of mine, haven't made anything for months, this is the only stuff I regularly wear, the rest is kind of personal jokes or shirts made for a single occasion, need to get round to making for for daily wear...

And the ultimate in home made clothes, denim jackets! Ive only made this one so far but they are great fun and relatively easy, next time Ill use a sleeveless one though, not that easy to wear otherwise:p

RCOH

Eats Squid
Your post inspired me to go to the craft+quilting expo at Darling Harbour, in search of more stuff to use for shirts. :eek::cool::D
I should have given you my mum's number, she was there. You could have swapped craft tips.

*braces for mum jokes* ;)

Skivi has the right idea re shirts.

INRI

Likes Dirt
Screen printing is pretty simple to do on the cheap, there are a whole heap of shortcuts you can take. the print wont be perfect but it'll be ok and it adds to the DIY appeal imo.

g-fish

Likes Bikes and Dirt
^ Holy shirt!

Best website yet, some of those are epicly good.

I bought a shirt with a tiger on it today. It goes rawr,

I even took a picture of it to share with all the wonderful shirt huggers on farkin or rotorburn or whatever the fuck this place is called.

The eyes even glow in the dark.

Le picture is big, i think.

Attachments

Richo 18

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ah.

Sorry for the dig dig dig.

When it comes to plain, comfy tees, (ie, American Apparel)

Anybody know of any shirts that fit the following criteria?
  • White/Plain colours
  • Slim Fit/Crew Neck
  • Cotton or Poly/Cotton Blend
  • Cheap (Under $15)
  • Doesn't get destroyed by one wash in the machine
  • Prefereably easy to access

I need something like this http://store.americanapparel.com.au/bb401.html
That's not as expensive.

g-fish

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Best off going to a place like lowes or something. They sell plain shirts for fairly cheap.

The only thing i've bought from there is a plain grey sloppy joe. It's still going hard.

Richo 18

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Tip for the newbies,

head straight to the "select" section to get bang for your buck today. Usually it's all $25 there.

Regan of Gong

Likes Dirt
Ordered these ones.

This one's a parody of an old British morale poster in WWII that was never actually used- it had an upright crown and "Keep Calm and Carry On".

Fixie God

Likes Dirt
^^^^^^^^^^^^

My mum bought one of those posters back from England.....not many people here would get it though.....:(