Recent content by DarrenHunt

1. DarrenHunt

Garmin 500 Edge - data storage

You should be able to get at least 30hrs of data on it. I've got an Edge 800 with one second recording and haven't emptied it in the six months I've had it. Mates have Edge 500's and while they don't use 1s recording, some haven't emptied it in quite some time. As for the battery life, it...
  2. DarrenHunt

Road bike Braking Technique

Rear brake is rarely needed at all, only for speed modulation if anything. Look at campy groupsets, single pivot brakes on all until recently. The only way to lower your COG is to get in the drops (lean down over hour bars), and/or sit on your top tube. Some people believe that you should get...
  3. DarrenHunt

How many chain links?

Put the new chain on the same way you would any other. Big-Big +2 links or Small-Small so it just fits.
  4. DarrenHunt

2x10 on a 29er 38/26T - not low enough?

+1 for 26/40 with 11-36
  5. DarrenHunt

Sold

pending... fallen through
  6. DarrenHunt

Chinarello new build

The wheels should have come with a special magnet (a plastic clip, piece of rubber and long(ish) cylindrical magnet).
  7. DarrenHunt

Sold

Super light saddle, XC or Road use.
  8. DarrenHunt

Sold

Item: Fizik Antares 00 Carbon Saddle White Location: Sydney, but will post anywhere. Item Condition: Used for a week. Looks BRAND NEW. Reason for selling: Shape doesn't suit me. Price and price conditions: $270+ post. ono Extra Info: RRP: of $499 I think. Avaliable online for $330...
  9. DarrenHunt

Post your 29er!

....agreed
  10. DarrenHunt

2012 cannondale super six

That's the old Super Six, not the Evo
  11. DarrenHunt

Tight headset

did you swap the crown race?
  12. DarrenHunt

Creaking Remedy

Happened to my FuelEx 9.8 out of the box. Spray some lube in, good as gold.
  13. DarrenHunt

The old SRAM vs. Shimano debate...

I'm all for Shimano, as a bike however, the R3 wins hands down!
  14. DarrenHunt

NSW [sold]

Item: Brand new Shimano M985 XTR crankset with BB 175mm Location: Sydney Item Condition: Brand new in box Reason for selling: I bought them, then got a deal on a full X.0 groupset. Price and price conditions: $560 (Retail over $1000) Extra Info: Brand new, will post anywhere. Pictures:
  15. DarrenHunt

New Fishers

2011 Gary Fisher Just what I've been waiting for!!