Post your 29er!

pistonbroke

Eats Squid
exactly, I got stung by a bike shop once on a boutique frame never again (my fault, should have done my research!) ........... and if they have that stupid US buyers only notice I just go to another site or have it shipped to my buddy in CA.

Some brands have adjusted prices (Giant has, sure there are others), was in a shop that sells Niner frames, pretty good prices salesman said yes we had to adjust prices to be in line with OS prices.
Cannondale pricing seems to be about the same as the US at the moment. You may pay a few hundred dollars more instead of thousands.

Speaking of the Dale, their 2012 29er scalpel looks like a marathon weapon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Od92dDebwtE

http://www.infinitecycles.com/2011/04/2012-cannondale-scalpel-29-full-suspension/

Last edited:

uhuforrest

Likes Dirt
Cannondale pricing seems to be about the same as the US at the moment. You may pay a few hundred dollars more instead of thousands.

http://www.infinitecycles.com/2011/04/2012-cannondale-scalpel-29-full-suspension/
G'Day,

You need to be very careful with Cannondale regarding components.

We forward ordered a 2010 Flash 29er 2 expecting it to come with BB30 crankset.

It showed up with a low end Shimano crankset. Similar problem in the U.S. The difference is that when pushed, Cannondale upgraded the cranks - no such luck over here.

So, another $1K to get the crankset it should have had in the first place.

I've also noted that the 2011 Flash 29er 1 no longer comes with the very light Cannondale BB30 cranks, may be part of the trade-off for dropping the price by $800 between 2010 and 2011 models.

Note that all of above refers to Alloy, not carbon frame bikes.

Finally - my personal experience only - but the local distributor has a lot to learn about customer service.

Roland

mtb101

Likes Bikes and Dirt

that is just beautiful, really think bike makers 29er line ups are just first class .. can't think of any brand that's produced a dud, this big wheel format has really pushed them to be cutting edge. How could you not love a 29er!

I would be a real arrogant bastard on that bike, I would go slow at the start of a 100k event and then just chomp as many 26ers as I could, chomp, chomp, chomp.

Last edited:

Mad Hatter

Likes Dirt

Sumgy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Updated for this season:
- new Fox Fit RLC
- replaced hoses with silver Alligator's to better match the ti
- replaced cables and white outer to better match the ti and white Fox
- installed wider (660mm) bars, with the Ergo 2 bar ends they are closer to about 670mm

Sumgy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Isn't your seatpost supposed to match your stem?

What happened to the fat front?
Fat front was fun but I realised during a hilly 8 hour that the front end of the bike was HEAVY!!!
I have some racing events that I want to do this year and the fat rigid front was just not going to work for me.

Yeah stem and seatpost should match but I am not prepared to shell out $400 for a ti stem. I guess that I could go with a silver Thomson but I would still be breaking the rule of not mixing CF (bars) and ti. Plus those grips match nothing except each other.

Fat front was fun but I realised during a hilly 8 hour that the front end of the bike was HEAVY!!!
I have some racing events that I want to do this year and the fat rigid front was just not going to work for me.

Yeah stem and seatpost should match but I am not prepared to shell out $400 for a ti stem. I guess that I could go with a silver Thomson but I would still be breaking the rule of not mixing CF (bars) and ti. Plus those grips match nothing except each other.
Fair enough, Im going to have to try the fat front thing on something...

I don't know this no CF with Ti rule...I really do need to find that rule book because I think I might break them with nearly every bike I build...

Sumgy

Likes Bikes and Dirt

I don't know this no CF with Ti rule...I really do need to find that rule book because I think I might break them with nearly every bike I build...
If you are serious, the fat front fork and wheel are for sale in the classified's.
That way you will have everything you need to get going.
PM me with an offer as I cannot see it getting used on my bike going forward.

Grant19

Squid
Cool Lynskey

here is my new ride.
Lynskey Pro 29 SL
stans arch on hope hubs
thomson stem & post
truvativ 700mm SS bars
Reba XX Forks
You got yourself one of the cool twisty ones. I just built two for 24hr Nats, their unreal bikes. Not sure if I need two though I don’t think I’ll be giving 24hrs a go again anytime soon, I only lasted 9hrs. If you’re trying to convert your mates to a Ti frame I might be able to help and also provide some forks……..

Enjoy

Attachments

casnell

Likes Bikes and Dirt
csg have a lot to learn about not being cunts. stupidly good bikes though.
Tell us how you really feel!

Haven't got a 29er (yet!), rode a Spesh HT and dually last week courtesy of Total Rush, a Yeti big Top tomorrow courtesy a friend who just bought Ben's from TrailMix. Quite different to the 26er!

Pizzaz

Likes Dirt
The Precious...

Scott Scale 29er Carbon (HMX)
XX Group Set
Rotor Q-Rings
Ritchey WCS Bars, Carbon Stem and Seatpost
Rims: Stans Crest
Front Hub: XTR Centerlock
Rear Hub: Powertap SL+

Haven't weighed it yet...

Scott4.jpg

Scott2.jpg

Scott3.jpg

Attachments

Steve_N

Likes Dirt
The Precious...

XX Group Set
Rotor Q-Rings

Yeah... looks ok... :p

The Mad Hippie

Likes Bikes
Finished this off yesterday.
10.5kg.
Velocity Blunt SL rims on XT hubs.
Suntour Epicon fork
3T bar and stem.
Fast trak LK control tyres that sealed up tubeless a treat.
34-20 at the moment but it feels a bit easy.
will see how the mondy ride goes.

E

Attachments

jathanas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Wishing you many happy hours on the trails, and success during events. Enjoy the beast mate.

Cheers, J

P.S: Please don't post weight, b/c if it's lighter than my 29er, it could start an expensive weight weenie war. :)

The Precious...

XX Group Set
Rotor Q-Rings

Big JD

Wheel size expert
I can help

Larry, l will assist you in the Word of Form over Function. Sumgy l have a spare silver thomson if it is getting you down.

Sumgy, I'll send you something later this week about the fatness.

John, This sounds like a long involved lesson...I know I'm in trouble for the red stem on the Milkmoney but I think the Pegasus might be breaking the rules now too.