Post your 29er!

Bodin

GMBC
Now that there's a whole sub-forum for them, let's post them up and show them in all their big-wheeled glory.

Christo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Many incarnations

Started out stock, rigid, Truvativ XR cockpit.

After my first few upgrades, a suspension fork,saddle, ghetto tubeless, XT cranks & XT v-brakes

Next with some Thomson & WCS stem.

Next a front BB7

Then back to rigid with a monstercross phase.

Then with the addition of some Chris King & a Thompson stem & another post (finally found a 410mm for it).

Current setup, as a yarra trail commuter with cyclocross tyres and protaper bars.

Currently has 38:16 ratio, soon to be tubeless again

Ba55

Likes Bikes
Just cause I like the Niner with the Mini - here's my new XTC 29er with one of my Minis. :)

Julie........
Nice Mini Julie, love the matt black paint job with the stripes! Funny how our bikes have wheels almost 3 times bigger than our cars.

Oh and nice Giant too.

schwing

Likes Dirt
custom 29er

rides perfect for me. 1 or 2 details I'd change on reflection , like rear cable routing but very happy
Reynold 853
EBB
chainstay brake mounts
feels light and nimble - like a very slightly taller 26in ( Rocky Mountain Blizzard)
Have REBAS for consideration to be added but want to explore rigid first

Attachments

Hugor

Likes Dirt
Salsa My Baby

Salsa El Mariachi
These are probably the last photos of my beloved ride before we part company after a long and stable relationship.
As I head off to the UK shortly for up to 2 years, I can't bear to cage this free spirited road and track warrior until my return.
She will shortly be passed on to another owner who will hopefully give her the freedom and love she deserves.

She has been modified from her purchase state with:
FSA 3 x 9 drivetrain.
Truvativ Stylo World Cup riser bars
Truvativ 110mm Stem (Salsa recalled their stem)
Rockshox 100mm Reba Race forks
Schwalbe Big Apple 20mm tyres
Selle SMP Avante Saddle
BBB Ergo Grips
Crankbrothers Acid 2 pedals

Attachments

Last edited:

Hugor

Likes Dirt
Rip9

My first venture into the 29er world was with the Salsa above. Now converted I bought this a couple of months ago.
This bike feels every bit as nimble as my 26" trail bike. CVA suspension is very efficient.
This bike is a climbing machine in the loose technical stuff.

Attachments

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
^^^ Um - wow!

Quick question re: Giant XTC 29-1's. The Giant catalogue shows the bike with silver rims but all the pics I've seen (and shop stock) have black rims. Did Giant ever sell their local stock with silver rims?

leftieant

Likes Bikes and Dirt

2009 GT Peace 9r.

Standard at the moment - all bar:

Carbon bars
Carbon seat post
Changed tyres to Maxxis Ignitor folding bead
Ghetto tubeless
Bullet hole stickers for weight reduction and streamlining.

Very, very happy. This bike makes riding (more) fun.