Post your 29er!

HamishS

Likes Dirt
^^^ yes please ... only got myself a new bike about 6mths ago, though seriously these rigs are very sweet! Am sure they ride as they look!

dr_rob

Likes Dirt
My 9r SS

Purchased from a fellow Farkin'er, who had upgraded to another SS 29er. On the wishlist is a Reba Race/SL plus a new wheelset. Currently weighs 12.2kg. First club race is tomorrow.

Upgrades so far:
Crankset/BB: Shimano XT 32t
Rear cog: Surly 19t
Brakes: Avid Juicy 3s
Bar: FSA KForce Carbon Riser
Stem: Thomson
Grips: Titec Pork Rinds
Seat: Selle SLR XP
Tyres: Racing Ralph with Stans Tubeless Kit

October26

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Rach that bike is hot as. ONly thing I would change would be to ditch the Reba for a Fox but that is my preference.

Steve_N

Likes Dirt
+1... real purty.

Sumgy - now for my questions :p :

1. Ya gunna get a low mount front mech to get around the interference with the bottle mount?
2. Why the Middleburn cranks (and not XTR like the rest of your group)?
3. The Silverado seat - does it have relatively wide "sit bone" support?
+2 on the build - looks sweet Sumgy...

And Bodin - I think the Silverado's are about 130-135mm wide, about the same as a Fizik Gobi...

fezi

Likes Dirt
To add to the ti flavour on page 1 here's my enduro rigs. Same same other than year model. 2009 for the satin and 2010 for the polished one.

2009 comes in at 9kg neat. 2010 comes in heavier at 9.8kg thanks to slightly different frame & powertap in the rear(chainstays have bullet tips and added brake brace and slightly heavier duty sliders and a different head tube. Geo remains the same) Enough drivel. To the pictures

Hud

Likes Dirt
2.25 set up with stans (very easily)
I bouhgt it locally in Melbourne at the Cog Bike Cafe.
He has at least one in stock.
I'd like to see a 2.4 one day.

Sumgy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hud, how long have you had the Ardent on the front??
I love them on the rear.
Hate them on the front.

One ride and I swapped mine to the back again and put my Rampage on the front.
Just did not trust that it would hold on.

Hud

Likes Dirt
I ran one F+R for winter and just put one back on the front with the new wheel. I like it, though I've only ever used Racing Ralphs at other times to compare it to. For the conditions I ride it's just fine.

Steve_N

Likes Dirt
2.25 set up with stans (very easily)
I bouhgt it locally in Melbourne at the Cog Bike Cafe.
He has at least one in stock.
I'd like to see a 2.4 one day.
From what I've heard the 2.4 is massive although not as big as a 2.4 RR. I think a 2.4 Ardent + 2.2 Saguaro would be a slick combo for general riding here in the Blue Mountains, esp. on the SSoma.... Can save the RR's for race day then...

Sumgy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Have had a few dirt rides on her now and she is a heap of fun to ride.
Was riding with a couple of guys yesterday at Bunyaville and they could not believe how fast she just rolls through the singletrack.
Corners like a dream and is one of those bikes that is just confidence inspiring to hop and drop of stuff that I may not usually.

A dirty pic for you:

Win

Likes Dirt
There's no way you are going to get in to the 34 on the back with that chain length
When you are tired and your brain is smashed in a 24hr, you are sure to break something

Sumgy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
There's no way you are going to get in to the 34 on the back with that chain length
When you are tired and your brain is smashed in a 24hr, you are sure to break something
Agree.
New chain installed.
The one that I originally had for it did not want to play nicely with the Middleburns so that one was thrown on for the time being.

Hugor

Likes Dirt
Awesome bike. I wouldn't be able to descend a driveway with a setup like that.
I'm guessing when your racing that its easier to keep an eye on the bloke behind you by looking down between your legs rather than over your shoulder :)

Sumgy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Awesome bike. I wouldn't be able to descend a driveway with a setup like that.
I'm guessing when your racing that its easier to keep an eye on the bloke behind you by looking down between your legs rather than over your shoulder :)
Not really sure what you are trying to say but if you think that the saddle to bar drop is too great I can tell you that it is less than 3".
If you cannot ride a bike with that little amount of saddle to bar drop you seriously need to work on your flexibility.

That pic makes it look worse than it is.

Hugor

Likes Dirt
I'm guessing that once the forks have sagged a little it looks like a 4 inch drop to the bars but maybe its just the angle.
Not a criticism by any means. I'm a 3 - 4 times a week social trail rider rather than a pro racer.
Personally my downhill confidence turns to nothing when my bars are any more than an inch below my saddle.
Just an observation thats all.:D
Love the bike though.

Sumgy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I am certainly no pro-racer.
Just an old guy who still likes to do some endurance racing.
I think the other thing that make it look more is the curved TT.
You had me worried, so I went and checked it with the spirit level.
It is a 2.5" drop from saddle to bars.