Recent content by bloodzy

1. B

Buy used Giant Trance X3

Check for any dents in the frame Check the welds on the front of the frame, where the tubes join onto the headstem tube (cant think of correct name), also look under the joins to check for cracks Check all other welds/joins for cracks - clean any mud from these spots to make it easier to...
  2. B

mavic rim upgrade 117 vs 317

I recently bought a Mavic 317 with Shimano SLX M665 rear hub from FTR $200, its great, nice and strong, doesn't feel "whimpy" like my previous alex rim. Coupled with an SLX 9spd cassette and an XT 160mm rotor its a huge weight reduction from the previous wheelas well I would recommend the 317's
  3. B

Warrick Scene?

http://delxc.com/ They are near Warwick, mate of mine at work knows the people running the place and reckons its alright, could be worth a look?
  4. B

Brisbane Mountain Bike Park..... Why not?

Old Hidden Vale is an awesome venue to ride, love the single track out there. Have' t ridden the DH trail yet but it looks flat out and nasty, the view from the top of it is pretty good and driving up the shuttle track is an experience haha. Haydz and the crew sure now how to throw a BBQ and...
  5. B

Saddle suggestions

Have ridden for years on my WTB Power V, on a DH bike and XC hardtail, love it, super comfy, easy to adjust and robust, many crashes and still no rips or holes in it. Stay right away from the SDG Bel Air, came with my giant alias, prob the most uncomfortable saddle I have ever sat on, I have...
  6. B

Tassie & 800's

You should be fine with 800's Rode there couple years ago now before I moved to QLD. plenty of space along most of the track.
  7. B

Little Things You Love

Cruising home after work on the mtb, having a shower, harassing the missus before settling on the couch to watch old movies/tv shows
  8. B

Chain guides.

e13 have just released a new guide for XC, link to thread below http://www.rotorburn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=191664
  9. B

Commuter Tyres

Are you in Brisbane rusty? I have a pair of 26" Maxxis Overdrive, Kevlar protection etc, not bad http://www.maxxis.com/Bicycle/Hybrid/Overdrive.aspx I have ridden maybe 400km on them, not really a fan of road tyres and have gone back to knobbies, as I didn't really see much of an...
  10. B

Your dumbest stack

Was around 2 years ago at Talosa st mtb park in Glenorchy, TAS Had spent a few hours going up and down the downhill course, and on the last run, came flying out of the trees boosted the lip of the first jump, cleared the landing and landed flat, fully compressed suspension, head hit the...
  11. B

Best shoes for flats?

My vote for 5.10's! have been on the same pair for the last 3 years, countless kms walking up hills/mountains, dirt/gravel etc many many crashes sliding over gravel rocks etc, also used them as a pair of street shoes for a few months till I bought another pair of sneakers and they are still...
  12. B

Show us your gash!

fark! my sister did similar to that to her leg years ago, lever went straight in and out, hole the size of a 10c piece, lost 2lt of blood, just missed the femoral.
  13. B

What Pedals???

Been running Crankbros 5050xx flats for 3 years without issue, Put the long in kit on, nice and grippy. Around $200 though
  14. B

Who Causes Cyclists' Deaths?

The Police can still nab you and doc points off your drivers licence on the bike if your being a tool. Now for bike rego, what is it that people are trying to achieve here? Is having a license plate on the bike of the bike magically going to make you more visible to other road users? works...
  15. B

bike maintinence and servicing intervals

Half and Half for me I do most jobs on my bikes but take it to FTR for any major work. Just spent around $600 on some new pads, tryes, grips and and absolute overhaul on my DH rig, $320 of which was the service bill, quite happy to pay it, for a 4yo DH bike its now riding like the day I bought...