Tassie & 800's

Hey Guys,

First time i'm gonna be making the trip over to tassie and just curious to know if i will fit down the track with my 800's on or will i get lodged in between trees?

Question is should i pack my 740s? or will i be right.

Cheers.

apalmer723

Likes Bikes
Presuming that your talking about coming over for the national round and your talking about the glenorchy track then you will be fine. Many people run 800mm bars during club races here and they get down easy. There are not that many places where the track isn't quite wide.

melon

Likes Bikes
...but the annoyingly tight "uphill-rocky-switchback-thing" where you can easily loose/gain a good handfull of seconds won't be much fun on 800s...

Turner_rider

Likes Bikes and Dirt
If you are going to the trouble of bringing a bike, packing an extra set of bars so you can change to suit doesn't sound like much of an issue to me...

instinct

Likes Dirt
I don't understand how 30mm's either side can make such a huge difference, if you hit a tree with 800mm bars its likely you will still hit it with 740's, I don't recall buzzing past a tree with only 30mm gap between bar and tree...

jacko13

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I don't understand how 30mm's either side can make such a huge difference, if you hit a tree with 800mm bars its likely you will still hit it with 740's, I don't recall buzzing past a tree with only 30mm gap between bar and tree...
you'd be suprised

adman

Likes Dirt
Just pack both bars as mentioned already - some tracks are better with wider bars, some are easier with smaller bars. Wider isn't ALWAYS better...

bloodzy

Squid
You should be fine with 800's

Rode there couple years ago now before I moved to QLD. plenty of space along most of the track.