Little Things You Love

safreek

Waited until my partner was on a farm out of signal then took all your advice, better to ask forgiveness than disobey direction.
Sent an SMS saying let me know if I shouldn't go to katoomba to pick up some bikes, heard nothing back so off I went.

About 6 hours into the journey I get a phonecall asking me where I was, well past taree I said.
I got home the next day to silence.
No idea why,

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Jayne checks tyre pressure, 8psi. I tell her she needs 22psi.
She hooks up the pump, inflates to 15psi and says 23psi will be good won't it.
I then explain its not 15+8psi, just 15psi.
That women cracks me up.
Ok, that one was funny!

As long as she laughed too!

Mrs George has clangers like that regularly and has a good old chuckle at herself.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Jayne checks tyre pressure, 8psi. I tell her she needs 22psi.
She hooks up the pump, inflates to 15psi and says 23psi will be good won't it.
I then explain its not 15+8psi, just 15psi.
That women cracks me up.
Ok, that one was funny!

As long as she laughed too!

Mrs George has clangers like that regularly and has a good old chuckle at herself.
But there is already 14.7psi outside!

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
On the freeway heading back to Melb.
Typical idiot in an old commo next to me up the ass of another p plater in the right lane trying to intimidate.
Then his car starts to fall apart with the window seal violently slapping the side of his car.
Hazards go on and he has to cut in front of me then off to the left to pull over lol.

Flow-Rider

Burner
On the freeway heading back to Melb.
Typical idiot in an old commo next to me up the ass of another p plater in the right lane trying to intimidate.
Then his car starts to fall apart with the window seal violently slapping the side of his car.
Hazards go on and he has to cut in front of me then off to the left to pull over lol.
Not long after I first got my license I was cruising through a narrow road at night in a park with a mate following behind who was a bit impatient and didn't like slowing down at the speed bumps. I heard his car behind me drop a gear and accelerate to the side of me, just as he passed me his car went airborne and then hit a v drain that he didn't see in the long grass.

It was one of the funniest things I've ever seen, I can still clearly remember the silhouette of 3 people in an old 1960s Corolla all hit their heads on the roof. No one got hurt but it all it did was bend the front lower control arms.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
We had late evening metrology lectures at UQ in 2nd year. Plenty of parking given the timing and no public transport so we all drove in. Was passenger with a mate heading home and we got away first and he was being an arse, slowing down to walking pace, speeding up etc. Car behind was a rusty HT Belmont. Guy got the shits and pulled out and flew past. Except... he hit a speed bump at too many km per hour. The top of the inner guard on one side sheared off when the shock bottomed out on the way up but still needed to go further as there was no bump stop. On the way down the battery and what was left of the tray smashed through the other side inner guard, all over the road. Instant lights out and engine off. The tow to Ipswich was interesting.

slowmick

38-39"
As a uni student I was a passenger in a mates 80s corona driving home after a gig in the wee hours down the south eastern freeway. Windows were open as we're both of us were a bit sleepy. We go under and pedestrian bridge and suddenly there is a bang bang bang on the outside of the car. we let out two unmanly screams. We are now very awake. mate says - fuck are you ok i think somebody threw something at us from the bridge. He starts looking in the mirrors to see what is going on. Then notices that the outside mirror is gone. Bastards - they broke off my mirror.
Check out the door when we get home to find most of the door is rusted out and there is a hole you could could put your hand in where the rust gave out under the mirror.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Rust is just nature's way of improving your power to weight ratio. The Italians are so good at it they've even given it a name - Superleggera

A mate's Valiant wagon so was riddled with it the firewall was held together with strategically placed hockey straps for reinforcement. As a 17 year old I just thought this was funny rather than a total death trap. Was defected before it could kill anyone, fortunately.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Rust is just nature's way of improving your power to weight ratio. The Italians are so good at it they've even given it a name - Superleggera

A mate's Valiant wagon so was riddled with it the firewall was held together with strategically placed hockey straps for reinforcement. As a 17 year old I just thought this was funny rather than a total death trap. Was defected before it could kill anyone, fortunately.
I had to retire a Peugeot 504 when I realised the body was twisting so much coming into he driveway at an angle that the windscreen was moving in the frame... Had rot inside the a and b pillars that didnt look bad on the outside, rusting from inside out :(

Those Australian assembled ones had virtually no rust proofing done - the rare early French made ones that were imported were much much better made!

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
I had to retire a Peugeot 504 when I realised the body was twisting so much coming into he driveway at an angle that the windscreen was moving in the frame... Had rot inside the a and b pillars that didnt look bad on the outside, rusting from inside out :(

Those Australian assembled ones had virtually no rust proofing done - the rare early French made ones that were imported were much much better made!
Have you owned every shit car sold in Australia?

Is there a 1st Gen Colt or P76 in your history too?

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Have you owned every shit car sold in Australia?

Is there a 1st Gen Colt or P76 in your history too?

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk
Pug 504s were very very far from shit. One of the best cars ever made. About 3.5 million of them made, and had a production run of about 35 years.