Little Things You Hate

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Yep, that was me this morning, just without the departure lounge.

It was their first flight of the day, and we were half hour late getting on the plane. Then another half hour cutting laps while the fog cleared over Mildura.

I pity the fuckers flying Bonza anywhere this afternoon.
I walked in the door at 315am this morning.

Final OT tally:

3hrs x1.5

11.5hrs x2.0

LATWTTTM

(Laughing all the way to the tax man)

Freediver

I can go full Karen
Bunnings ffs. I just bought a drill bit that was marked with the wrong size. You'd think that would be an easy return when I'm back 15 minutes later but the droid behind the counter decided to give me a store credit instead of money, when I said this wasn't good enough the response was bad luck it's in the system now and I can't give you a refund. I told her that a refund is my right under ACCC law and she responds with store policy. I tell her not to make things difficult and that I'll call the ACCC and the dumb bitch responds with "your using threatening language and I'm not serving you". I get someone who understands I'm right and it still took another 10-15 minutes.
As I'm leaving I give the original girl a bit of a serve and the dumb fuck behind her gives me this" leave the store now and never come back or I'm calling the police". Fuck did I go nuclear, Told them both they were just glorified checkout chicks that obviously didn't have enough brains for a job that pays more than minimum and that that's all they will ever achieve in life and that's all they deserve. The girl started to tear up which I took as a victory.
FU Bunnings and your red and green droids.

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Bunnings ffs. I just bought a drill bit that was marked with the wrong size. You'd think that would be an easy return when I'm back 15 minutes later but the droid behind the counter decided to give me a store credit instead of money, when I said this wasn't good enough the response was bad luck it's in the system now and I can't give you a refund. I told her that a refund is my right under ACCC law and she responds with store policy. I tell her not to make things difficult and that I'll call the ACCC and the dumb bitch responds with "your using threatening language and I'm not serving you". I get someone who understands I'm right and it still took another 10-15 minutes.
As I'm leaving I give the original girl a bit of a serve and the dumb fuck behind her gives me this" leave the store now and never come back or I'm calling the police". Fuck did I go nuclear, Told them both they were just glorified checkout chicks that obviously didn't have enough brains for a job that pays more than minimum and that that's all they will ever achieve in life and that's all they deserve. The girl started to tear up which I took as a victory.
Ltih ^^^

And you think that was appropriate behaviour, bet you felt like the big man.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
You should not be proud of, or publicising, that interaction if you have described it reasonably accurately.

While you may have been in the right, which is clearly a priority of yours, you’ve got to be a real ass to be threatened with police action by a shop.

Freediver

I can go full Karen
Ltih ^^^

And you think that was appropriate behaviour, bet you felt like the big man.
You should not be proud of, or publicising, that interaction if you have described it reasonably accurately.

While you may have been in the right, which is clearly a priority of yours, you’ve got to be a real ass to be threatened with police action by a shop.
So you think it's acceptable for the original girl to just walk away because telling her I was entitled to a refund and I'd call the ACCC if she didn't give me one was something she decided was threatening behaviour ? That's nonsense, I was completely chilled until she walked away. I don't think telling her that her incompetence and refusal to accept she was wrong meant something that should have taken less than 5 minutes took 1/2 an hour was that bad. For the bloke to respond to that the way he did makes him as moronic as her. That's when and why I got angry.

Whats a drill bit cost? $6?
add a 0 to that for bigger bits.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Yep, that was me this morning, just without the departure lounge.

It was their first flight of the day, and we were half hour late getting on the plane. Then another half hour cutting laps while the fog cleared over Mildura.

I pity the fuckers flying Bonza anywhere this afternoon.
I did this for 15 years of my life, missing connecting flights and staying in airports for 24hrs without much sleep. The WA flights from Brisbane to Perth were the worst because it was cheaper to fly down the east coast and then come across from Melbourne, if there were any delays I would miss the chartered flights to mine sites from Perth.

birddog69

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So you think it's acceptable for the original girl to just walk away because telling her I was entitled to a refund and I'd call the ACCC if she didn't give me one was something she decided was threatening behaviour ? That's nonsense, I was completely chilled until she walked away. I don't think telling her that her incompetence and refusal to accept she was wrong meant something that should have taken less than 5 minutes took 1/2 an hour was that bad. For the bloke to respond to that the way he did makes him as moronic as her. That's when and why I got angry.

add a 0 to that for bigger bits.
Have to agree on this one. Some people will do or say anything to avoid doing the right thing. Just had a similar situation, via email, with Chain Reaction.
You're correct; some people don't have the brains but understand how to act entitled.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
@Freediver as she was a lower level / not a manager the girl was almost certainly constrained by store rules / policy and did not have any form of flexibility to navigate around them. Happens all the time, especially in any big chains / franchises, so her initial response was likely all she could offer.

I'd suggest you take a deep breath or two, have a coffee, take a shit and then edit that original post. It's not doing you any favours currently.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Have to agree on this one. Some people will do or say anything to avoid doing the right thing. Just had a similar situation, via email, with Chain Reaction.
You're correct; some people don't have the brains but understand how to act entitled.
They're just puppets controlled by upper management, I had the same thing virtually with an online automotive group. Companies are just desperate to mitigate losses and the translation gets lost somewhere of what they should or shouldn't do.

Jabubu

let you google that for me
As I'm leaving I give the original girl a bit of a serve
You should have had a quiet chat with the manager and sent an email on how to improve customer service. You know nothing about their previous interactions with customers or indeed other store members. Perhaps she was given wrong advice on refunds by a more senior person?

Instead you took the opportunity to abuse someone after you'd made your point and received what you wanted.

These things should be seen as a management failure and you should direct your displeasure at the appropriate level.

cammas

Seamstress
Imagine it this way, your partner or daughter comes home and starts telling you about how some guy comes in and starts giving her a hard time for just doing her job, now doubt she would’ve been instructed to do this and it’s not something she would have just come up with.
If the bit was packaged wrong why didn’t you just swap it over for the correct one?

scblack

Leucocholic
Imagine it this way, your partner or daughter comes home and starts telling you about how some guy comes in and starts giving her a hard time for just doing her job, now doubt she would’ve been instructed to do this and it’s not something she would have just come up with.
If the bit was packaged wrong why didn’t you just swap it over for the correct one?
Imagine it this way. If she knew her job there would have been no issue.

Incompetence should not be supported.

Freediver

I can go full Karen
So his reaction is justified, over a drill bit?
Abuse is abuse
You don't get it, she made a mistake and she knew it. Rather than apologise and correct it like a normal person she came up with bullshit and walked off. Bunnings policy is to give a credit if there is no proof of purchase, I had proof of purchase.
It was the second drill bit from the only brand of large reduced shank bits they sell that was way outside acceptable tolerance.

You're gonna call the ACCC over a $60 refund when you received store credit at a place I would guess you are more than likely to visit again and perhaps spend more than $60 ?