Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Get decent wheels. OzRacing can be had for $600 each.

18x8 P40 - 45 should suit. I am partial to Leggera hlts.

If you ring and pay by card you don't pay shipping!!! I have now bought four different sets of Oz, BBS and Sparco (owned by Oz). Great service.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Get decent wheels. OzRacing can be had for $600 each.

18x8 P40 - 45 should suit. I am partial to Leggera hlts.

If you ring and pay by card you don't pay shipping!!! I have now bought four different sets of Oz, BBS and Sparco (owned by Oz). Great service.
OZracing over something like Enkei or Advan? https://www.thewheeldeal.com.au/enkei-sc46-matte-black-milled.html or https://www.thewheeldeal.com.au/wheels/advan/advan-rciii-gold.html

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Enkei are fine but at the same price point will probably (based on my experience) be cast as opposed to semi forged/spun and thus be heavier. Yoko make great wheels but are more expensive (>$1k) and harder to get. I wanted to buy some RS3 wheels (I think they were) that were available in an 18x9.5 but delivery was eons. The Legerra HLT came in at 8kg each and under $650 delivered.

andrew9

Likes Dirt
That size will suit but not looking at spending that much, it's not the weight I am worried about more reducing the tyre cost
If you're on a budget, have you looked at what factory wheels are out there? Way better than cheap aftermarket.

i30 N-line has 18s, they're not that good looking though.
Kia Cerato GT has 18s too, that might actually look ok.

I think these are 18? Get them powdercoated all black and they wouldn't look too bad

ausdb

Being who he is
View attachment 397782
It required much brute force, significant amounts of ignorance and a few choice words to spring them out of where they mount. As the front header pipes were rusted into the crossover H pipe section and it is meant to come apart in three sections and they are all original Conti bits so was under threat of death not to destroy them. But I owe my little bro a few favours for picking up and sending me bike stuff from the other side of the country and he wants them for a different project.
I posted this a few weeks back and things have changed a little since then. I was talking shit with my brother over Easter about an old XJ6550 I had seen for sale that would be an ok project to turn into a cafe racer or similar. He then starts talking about the bike I was taking parts off and asks if I am interested in it, my reply was my budget does not extend to old Ducatis. He said I'm never going to have time to do up all of the ones I have and at least it will still be in the family and offered an extremely generous price and payment plan and I took the hook.

Here's a couple of pictures of Barry not long after my brother purchased him ten years ago in the UK.
Barry2.jpg Barry.jpg
Barry (after the original owner not Sheen) is whatever they call a barn find in the UK. The original owner rode him since new, then parked him up in a friends garage for fifteen years until the garage owner decided they needed the space back. He then followed my brother to Australia when he relocated but got left behind in WA whilst my brother and the rest of his herd headed further east. This will be a slow project, at the moment it will be a case of inventorying what is missing and working out what I can scab back off my brother, then negotiating the process of getting it registered.

Last edited:

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
This on the other hand is fucking insane for a different reason.

Compared to a guy who can make a 10,000rpm Mclaren F1 V12 and handily beat 100hp per NA litre, Singer can eat a bag of pretentious dicks.