The stupid questions thread.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Thanks for info .
I don’t like my current one as it hurts my fucking ass that I can’t ride the next day . I even wear cushioned fox short inserts.
I have a stock 2020 yt capra saddle like this pic attached .
yeah I would love to test different ones out but lol I can’t just randomly ask ppl to test their saddles out .
Yeah I might look into second hand ones as you said don’t wanna pay full price then don’t like it
It is really difficult to find a saddle that works for you and can be pretty expensive. Like a comfy pair of jeans or shoes - it is a personal thing.

I seem to get along with my Bel Air 2.0 saddles. The raised back and the love channel seem to add some comfort and rarely numb nads.

Ergon SM Pro is comfy once you find its sweet spot. It didn't feel right until I spent a bit of time moving it forward and backwards then riding for a whole till it felt ok.

As @beeb mentioned, those funny looking Selle Italia saddles with the drooped noses look odd but they would have to be to more comfortable saddles I have ever graced my southern areas on. The dropped nose works for me and all of my saddles are pointing downwards a bit.

I have a Selle Italia Well on my roadie and just feels right without getting sorearse-itis later. I think the problem with Selle Italia is that they have so many combinations of width, length and seat material that makes it tough to figure out what might work.

I do respect that they put a load of effort into making a good saddle and the ergonomics that go with it.

Saddles are around 144mm in width which I think is the average size. A good starting point.

I doubt that there is anyone here that has been riding for some time and hasn't spent too much on the wrong saddle for them at one time or another. Maybe Poods handy saddleless adapter isn't all bad, but well, I'll pass......

This is worth a look for all things Selle Italia SMP if you ever headed that way.
https://www.stevehoggbikefitting.com/bikefit/2011/09/all-about-smps/

safreek

Can't believe a big pink dildo hasn't been posted yet. This place has changed.
didnt wanna start a new thread thought ill ask here,
can anyone recommend a saddle i ride enduro and need a super comfy saddle that wont hurt my ass after every ride . ( i have adjusted my seat and its a little better) but want to purchase a new saddle . cheers must be in stock and ready to ship.
i am looking at these atm>
https://www.mtbdirect.com.au/products/sdg-bel-air-3-0-saddle
These are mad comfortable, also similar to what poodle mentioned.
I have 2 of them and find them fine as
IMG_20230101_171435.jpg

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Santa Cruz VPP free ride for $500 with these brakes. They look like fun to play with, is it worth the entry price?
Yes. But the selection of brake pads can be iffy. Sjs cycles have some Hope sintered pads in stock and EBC make sintered pads as well. Discobrakes seem to offer some different compounds too.

For reference, those brakes are going from $700+ on eBay.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
How long until we start to hear about the miracles performed by Saint George?
Here's the first one. If this turns into a parade down George St there will be plenty of people there to voice their displeasure...