The stupid questions thread.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
2 part quick one...

- what is the chain reaction cycles minimum spend for free delivery these days? I'm a little over $400 and they still want to change me for delivery. Perhaps it's a weight/size issue? Maybe they have ditched this because of costs? I haven't ordered bike parts for a while as would rather spend more money of stuff I can use than a small amount on delivery.

- does anyone have any discount codes for them? I unsubscribed to their constan spam a while ago, so am now disconnected from what they are offering.

Flow-Rider

Burner
2 part quick one...

- what is the chain reaction cycles minimum spend for free delivery these days? I'm a little over $400 and they still want to change me for delivery. Perhaps it's a weight/size issue? Maybe they have ditched this because of costs? I haven't ordered bike parts for a while as would rather spend more money of stuff I can use than a small amount on delivery.

- does anyone have any discount codes for them? I unsubscribed to their constan spam a while ago, so am now disconnected from what they are offering.
What are you building up now?

1678324941461.png

slowmick

38-39"
Just dreams at the moment. A little basket experimenting has shown that it was probably a weight/size related issue. I'll I've this some contemplation.
If you have a large bulky item take a look to see if wiggle have it? they seem to have a more lenient shipping policy for some reason. maybe do two shipments - 1 from each store.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
If you have a large bulky item take a look to see if wiggle have it? they seem to have a more lenient shipping policy for some reason. maybe do two shipments - 1 from each store.
Good idea. Seems I haven't used wiggle in so long I have lost the password...and their ste is suspiciously not sending me a password reset option. I seem to be having some problems with technology.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Well I was following @slowmick 's advice and eventually got myself back into the wiggles account. It turns out I haven't purchased from them since early 2015! I was about to hit the button when chain reaction sent me a "$20 off for $200+" vouchers because I apparently hadn't purchased anything for a while...this meant even with the delivery fee I'd be $10 better off than with wiggle.

Of course the code didn't fucking work and I had to fuck around on their live chat. But they refunded me the $20 after I made the purchase. So who doesn't like a discount?

Thanks again for the suggestion there slow Mick. It did actually work! But I didn't use it in the end.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
It's a shame our dollar is so low or I would use them more often.
True to an extent...but they have (like a lot of other retailers) really pulled in the purse strings on bargains. Still what I have purchased last night was closer to half the price than two thirds the price of the next best price I could find for it.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
That depends on whether they use Evri or DHL. The latter usually takes 5-7 days, the former takes about 3 weeks. (If we're talking about CRC/Wiggle)
I haven't purchased from them for a while, but 5-7 working days has long been my delivery window with CRC regardless of who is giving it to me. The last few times I have used the usual local suspects it's lucky if the purchase has been dispatched by 5 days.

Props to cycling deal though. Those guys are pretty quick with dispatch. If only they had a decent range to offer.

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
I haven't purchased from them for a while, but 5-7 working days has long been my delivery window with CRC regardless of who is giving it to me. The last few times I have used the usual local suspects it's lucky if the purchase has been dispatched by 5 days.

Props to cycling deal though. Those guys are pretty quick with dispatch. If only they had a decent range to offer.
It's only in the last few months that CRC/Wiggle started using Evri. It gets despatched quickly, but then it sits in the departures lounge for about 7-14 days before arriving somewhere in Australia and getting kicked about by Aus Post.
There's no rhyme or reason to it, but sometimes they use Evri and sometimes they use DHL.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I wonder if this is why they were offering a $9.99 express option? I took that as it was cheaper than the $14.99 I was otherwise subject too.