Russia Vs. America; Here we go again kids!

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
All of these are false equivalencies and not even on the same level.

We can cross our fingers though. That's about the best you can do.
They aren’t false equivalencies, they are real life examples from a wide range of backgrounds that are completely contrary to your flippant remarks that billionaires can do whatever they want, money talks etc.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
They aren’t false equivalencies, they are real life examples from a wide range of backgrounds that are completely contrary to your flippant remarks that billionaires can do whatever they want, money talks etc.
They are false equivalencies.

Djokovic is a tennis player who is a nobody on the world political stage. 200m is not in the same league as 100s of billions.

Epstien was a sex fiend with more interest in under-age pussy than political power on the world stage and again, not really worth much in the scheme of things.

The cartel bosses would come close, but again, a bunch of coked out fuckwads with guns and a penchant for murder with no real friends with power or influence on the world stage that matches that of a nuclear power.

All of these are littetally not equivalent to a state run criminal enterprise with nukes and trillions in war kitty money, weapons R&D and hidden assets and connections around the world with other nuclear powers that are sympathetic to their cause. .

Tell me again how those nobodies are not false equivalencies. Tennis, coke, and pussy barely get you in the room, and it doesn't make you a somebody in the world game.

Equivalents would be China and the CCP, naughty Korea and Israel and their associates.

Last edited:

Sky_Collapsed

Not particularly enlightened
I think it's naive to assume there is no risk of nuclear war. If the risk wasn't real, people wouldn't be afraid to step in.
Nuclear weapons are more of a deterrent item than anything else to make people think twice and it is entirely why Australia needs nuclear weapons, but i'd go and say instead of a traditional nuke we should go ahead and have a hydrogen bomb (S)

Nuclear war is not a likely scenario as it is entirely a lose lose situation for everyone, there won't be any winners.

I dont think is outside the realm of possibility some cunt just goes "a fuck it" and does it. It's almost happened several times in our history.
It's like a 5 percent possibility and the highest. Yes and that was when there was less militarily you could do against a perceived aggressor.

These days there is a lot more that can be done and given the digital world we're in cyberwarfare is the more likely scenario as you will be able to more effectively cripple a country with a massive cyberwar with how reliant we are on the internet or networked devices like mobile phones.

Why do you think Russia now has the capability to entirely disconnect from the global internet to maintain at least local/domestic internet communications?

Halo1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Epstien was a sex fiend with more interest in under-age pussy than political power on the world stage and again, not really worth much in the scheme of things.
Don’t dis his culture man it was good enough for people like the Clinton, Bill Gates, Trump. The names of the abusers that he entertained should all be known by now. This kind of special treatment even after his death really says that he was worth a bit more then you describe here. It is a example of the world not wanting to go there and power well above the law.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
Nuclear weapons are more of a deterrent item than anything else to make people think twice and it is entirely why Australia needs nuclear weapons, but i'd go and say instead of a traditional nuke we should go ahead and have a hydrogen bomb (S)

Nuclear war is not a likely scenario as it is entirely a lose lose situation for everyone, there won't be any winners.

It's like a 5 percent possibility and the highest. Yes and that was when there was less militarily you could do against a perceived aggressor.

These days there is a lot more that can be done and given the digital world we're in cyberwarfare is the more likely scenario as you will be able to more effectively cripple a country with a massive cyberwar with how reliant we are on the internet or networked devices like mobile phones.

Why do you think Russia now has the capability to entirely disconnect from the global internet to maintain at least local/domestic internet communications?
No one said it's a likley scenario, only that it's a risk.. You've just repeated what I've said in twice as many words.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
Don’t dis his culture man it was good enough for people like the Clinton, Bill Gates, Trump. The names of the abusers that he entertained should all be known by now. This kind of special treatment even after his death really says that he was worth a bit more then you describe here. It is a example of the world not wanting to go there and power well above the law.
Im not sure what you mean by dis his culture? He had powerful friends and money, but I don't think the "power and Influence" here is comparable though. They are on different ends of the scale. One provides immunity from sexual crimes, the other immunity from larg3 scale war crimes. I don't think Epsteins safety net of power and influence would be relevant if this victims numbered in the 10,000s or more or if he invaded a country to and abused children there.

Last edited:

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
It does feel like Russia is on this precipice between consolidation of Putin power and a good old fashioned military coup. (I suppose depending on how Putin's gambit goes).
IT's getting worse for him each day now. The invasion is going off the rails pretty badly, reports that the logistics just aren't there, that the soldiers are all largely young, untrained conscripts, that the resistance of the Ukrainian army and society was vastly under-estimated, etc. etc. The Ukrainians are also allowing the POWs (the kids) to call their parents to tell them what has happened and where they are - what a brilliant move by the Ukranians. Add that together with the way he treated his head of intelligence in that crazy security council meeting that Putin made public and I think there is avery real chance taht he's going to be put up against a wall.

Litenbror

Eats Squid
IT's getting worse for him each day now. The invasion is going off the rails pretty badly, reports that the logistics just aren't there, that the soldiers are all largely young, untrained conscripts, that the resistance of the Ukrainian army and society was vastly under-estimated, etc. etc. The Ukrainians are also allowing the POWs (the kids) to call their parents to tell them what has happened and where they are - what a brilliant move by the Ukranians. Add that together with the way he treated his head of intelligence in that crazy security council meeting that Putin made public and I think there is avery real chance taht he's going to be put up against a wall.
Now that's a violent end to this war I could get behind, where is the petition to sign?

Sky_Collapsed

Not particularly enlightened
No one said it's a likley scenario, only that it's a risk.. You've just repeated what I've said in twice as many words.
I simply just put more context to it. I think people are being overly hyperbolic here really, it's simply not a likely scenario.

We're more likely to see large scale global cyberwarfare.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
How likely are we to see a repeat of Chechnya? I get the distinct feeling that if the west can keep Ukraine armed and fed, Russia is going to find itself neck deep in a bloody quagmire once the spring mud sets in and they can't resupply easily.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

Flow-Rider

Burner
I simply just put more context to it. I think people are being overly hyperbolic here really, it's simply not a likely scenario.

We're more likely to see large scale global cyberwarfare.
That's what the US thought when Japan bombed Pearl harbor, too. Wars are akin to a poker game where people keep their cards close to their chest.

Last edited: