COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I need to travel to QLD for work next week. As of the 13th, you can enter QLD as long as you are double dosed and take a PCR within the 72hrs preceding your arrival. According to the Victorian coronavirus website, the only reasons you can get a test are as follows:

If you have any of the symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19), however mild, you should seek advice and get tested.

People with no symptoms can also be tested for coronavirus (COVID-19) in very specific circumstances:

• if they are a close contact exposed to someone known to have coronavirus (COVID-19)
  • as part of an outbreak investigation and response by the Department of Health
  • if they are a returned international traveller
  • If they have visited a high risk interstate location
  • if they are due to have surgery or a planned hospital stay
  • if they are part of a targeted testing program across an industry or group
. As interstate travel isn't listed, technically I can't get the test required. And if those wanting to travel interstate do get tested, do they need to isolate until the re4sult, even if they have no symptoms?
I know they're all busy doing their own thing, and that the Feds are useless, but it would be nice if there some communication between the states on all this...

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
@mike14 just go to one of the big drive through testing centres, there was a whole blow up a couple of weeks ago that resulted in Hunt unequivocally stating that commonwealth funding for PCR tests covers test required to meet border entry requirements. Tests are 50/50 state/cth, don't think any nurse who has been standing in a tent for the last 6 hours swabbing idiots is going to turn you away.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
@mike14 just go to one of the big drive through testing centres, there was a whole blow up a couple of weeks ago that resulted in Hunt unequivocally stating that commonwealth funding for PCR tests covers test required to meet border entry requirements. Tests are 50/50 state/cth, don't think any nurse who has been standing in a tent for the last 6 hours swabbing idiots is going to turn you away.
I believe QLD accept the txt message as proof of neg too.
There was a bit of nonsense went on between the SA and QLD premiers on what result was acceptable, SA said free PCR's at the drive thru places and txt message accepted, QLD said $150 Clinpath (or similar) tests with certificate, Palaszook then changed to the same free tests as SA.

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I don't think there'll be any issue with me getting the test (worst case secanrio I say I have a runny nose), it's more that there's still rather large gaps in who all this fits together across the country, especially as we are meant to be 'opening up'.
As a further example, we have a guy who lives in QLD that needs to travel to the ACT for a day. TO get back into QLD he needs a negative PCR test that was taken in the state he's traveled to. There's no way for him to get that test done and the result back in a day...

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Trying to work out if its worth me still going to Adelaide next week. Have to take a test 72 hours before I go, one on arrival, and one on day 6, the day before I head back...

Stupid questions if anyone has had experience: is there a testing centre at the airport?

if I have to isolate while waiting for test results on arrival, can I still get a cab/uber to my accommodation?

Test on day 6: does that require isolation as well, and where can you get tests done in the city?

ozzybmx

Trying to work out if its worth me still going to Adelaide next week. Have to take a test 72 hours before I go, one on arrival, and one on day 6, the day before I head back...

Stupid questions if anyone has had experience: is there a testing centre at the airport?

if I have to isolate while waiting for test results on arrival, can I still get a cab/uber to my accommodation?

Test on day 6: does that require isolation as well, and where can you get tests done in the city?
Victoria Park drive thru and walk up testing.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered

Yes, there is testing at the airport. Depending on how busy the airport is you may be waiting minutes, or hours. If you have luggage, I'd recommend having a quick scout out the front before collecting it, to see if you can get a quick test in before the poxxy hordes crowd around.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Victoria Park drive thru and walk up testing.

at least thats in a good location, cheers

Yes, there is testing at the airport. Depending on how busy the airport is you may be waiting minutes, or hours. If you have luggage, I'd recommend having a quick scout out the front before collecting it, to see if you can get a quick test in before the poxxy hordes crowd around.
ah right, surprised they let you do anything until they test you tbh!

The SA Govt just changed the rules again so you don't have to isolate while waiting for test results at least.

But given the 14 day quarantine, even the small chance of being a close contact doesn't sound very fun though.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
at least thats in a good location, cheers

ah right, surprised they let you do anything until they test you tbh!

The SA Govt just changed the rules again so you don't have to isolate while waiting for test results at least.

But given the 14 day quarantine, even the small chance of being a close contact doesn't sound very fun though.
For fucks sake. When did they do that and who for? Is all of Vic still considered a medium risk? Which is still a fucking joke considering we're closer to Adelaide than Melbourne.

We are minutes away from writing off $850 because Steven Marshmallow 'hasn't shut the border' so we can't get even a credit for next year.

Mrs George doesn't want to spend 10 days waiting for a tap on the shoulder and a very expensive hotel room. Not to mention being stuck in a confined space with the offspring.

ozzybmx

For fucks sake. When did they do that and who for? Is all of Vic still considered a medium risk? Which is still a fucking joke considering we're closer to Adelaide than Melbourne.

We are minutes away from writing off $850 because Steven Marshmallow 'hasn't shut the border' so we can't get even a credit for next year.

Mrs George doesn't want to spend 10 days waiting for a tap on the shoulder and a very expensive hotel room. Not to mention being stuck in a confined space with the offspring.
Just do it and take the chance, I can't see much slowing down now as no politician will stop the chrissy family get togethers.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Just do it and take the chance, I can't see much slowing down now as no politician will stop the chrissy family get togethers.
We were literally just discussing it. We have to get tested before we leave, when we get there and on day 6, but we can guarantee none of the 30-odd family members we'll come in contact with would have had a single test in that time frame. But if we come into contact, we'll be the ones in the hotel.

Mrs George read out the exposure sites and it's pretty much rampant in the areas we'd be frequenting.

She's also concerned about having Vic plates over there with all the vitriol the Facebook gronks are spitting out.

ozzybmx

We were literally just discussing it. We have to get tested before we leave, when we get there and on day 6, but we can guarantee none of the 30-odd family members we'll come in contact with would have had a single test in that time frame. But if we come into contact, we'll be the ones in the hotel.

Mrs George read out the exposure sites and it's pretty much rampant in the areas we'd be frequenting.

She's also concerned about having Vic plates over there with all the vitriol the Facebook gronks are spitting out.
Yeah, I see where you are coming from :(

7 more cases here today.

Our friends are just boarding the SoT about now, 48hrs from now we will be in the line.

Hoping da fak Tassie is thinking they are 'open' in 3-4 days to Vic, NSW and ACT, no point putting up borders to relatively clean places ;)