COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Regardless of whether we get to Tassie at the end of the week, my workplace has just sent an email out today stating if we have been in Vic, NSW or ACT within the past 14 days... we have to test, then test again 6 days later and not return to work until 7 days have lapsed with both tests negative.

So not quarantined but barred from returning to the workplace.

They also stated - Please take this into consideration when planning your future holidays.

On arrival back in SA in January, I have 1 day off, then back to work.

I might contact them tomorrow and let them know my situation... or may require an additional 6 days off due to their knee-jerk rulings.

Might also just say nothing as 100 things can change in the next 5 weeks.

Minlak

custom titis
AdBlue - The new Covid issue - One Trucking company says they have 250 trucks and out of it by next week - Trucking industry spokes people say we are out of it by Feb 22 unless another source is located in a hurry.

Minlak

custom titis
Not knowing what that is I turned to google...sounds like we will be having some really slow delivery times and stinky air.
What it means is - No fertiliser for food - no trucks running - some busses not running - a lot of farm machinery not running - The only plant in Australia that produces it is run down and closing early next year and they don't make enough anyway - The price from OS used to be $400 / tonne its now $1500 / Tonne and no supply to buy anyway.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
What it means is - No fertiliser for food - no trucks running - some busses not running - a lot of farm machinery not running - The only plant in Australia that produces it is run down and closing early next year and they don't make enough anyway - The price from OS used to be $400 / tonne its now $1500 / Tonne and no supply to buy anyway.
Who the fuck is running this plant, zombies?

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
See I just assumed the show would go on with diesel powered trucks etc just making a bigger exhaust mess than usual. Australia wouldn't let a little thing like pollution slow us down would we?

Scotty T

Walks the walk
See I just assumed the show would go on with diesel powered trucks etc just making a bigger exhaust mess than usual. Australia wouldn't let a little thing like pollution slow us down would we?
It either fucks the vehicles running without it or they just can't run without it I'd guess. All the truck drivers running non AdBlue DPF's are laughing.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
The engine itself doesn't care if there is no AdBlue as its a post combustion exhaust treatment system. But the truck ECUs are programmed to stop it being started after a certain period after it runs out, otherwise no one would ever fill it up.

There is a robust black market in plug and play ECU defeat devices to trick the ECU into thinking the AdBlue tank is full and operating... Because people are chnts.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
The engine itself doesn't care if there is no AdBlue as its a post combustion exhaust treatment system. But the truck ECUs are programmed to stop it being started after a certain period after it runs out, otherwise no one would ever fill it up.

There is a robust black market in plug and play ECU defeat devices to trick the ECU into thinking the AdBlue tank is full and operating... Because people are chnts.
In stock trim, typically they'll start but "de-rate" and speed limit to 40km/h rather than not start. The American trucks are generally a little easier to AdBlue 'delete', but it's a bit harder with the Euro brands as they typically log any software changes made and store emissions-related codes for 45 days (can't be cleared from the memory). You can make 'em run without AdBlue, but hiding it afterwards is near-on impossible. Still quite common out in remote WA sadly.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
In stock trim, typically they'll start but "de-rate" and speed limit to 40km/h rather than not start. The American trucks are generally a little easier to AdBlue 'delete', but it's a bit harder with the Euro brands as they typically log any software changes made and store emissions-related codes for 45 days (can't be cleared from the memory). You can make 'em run without AdBlue, but hiding it afterwards is near-on impossible. Still quite common out in remote WA sadly.
I know at least some AdBlue cars will give you a grace period and then simply not start. Makes sense trucks give you a limp mode.

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
, but it's a bit harder with the Euro brands as they typically log any software changes made and store emissions-related codes for 45 days (can't be cleared from the memory). You can make 'em run without AdBlue, but hiding it afterwards is near-on impossible. Still quite common out in remote WA sadly.
surely someone like Volkswagen has a work around for such problems #firmwareupdate

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
i figure most of the affected vehicles will be allowed to engage workshops tro employ "temporary" measures if this really becomes an issue. Though regardless of the machinery, we still have the problem of not enough fertiliser for crops.

After all this hand waving covid and covid related circus clears up, we will no doubt be looking at self sufficiency in a few areas. If not (which is just as likley a scenario), we may as well give up in general. Start a mad max style society.