COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
1164 for NSW…I bet the testing is down.
No way, more accurate! It is new and improved. Our wise leaders have aligned the delivery of growing numbers with the metrics of positive response and will be sharing accurate information all the time, but more accurate on the days that people are responsive to the gravity of the situation.

Also it's so fucking sunny and we will be
allowed congregate in parks again soon...so we may as well practise that now.

moorey

call me Mia
4/4 definitely works for some folk but I think it would be extremely impractical for the majority of people. The first big hurdle would be schools. Are they on a 4/4 system too? If so you’ll need twice as many teachers to cover the split classes.
If not then there’s day-care child-minding etc. to be considered as working parents are going to find it harder to sync their work hours with being there for the kids.

Other work fronts require 100% capacity (or close to it) when they’re in operation. Splitting and spreading the load isn’t always possible, particularly in jobs that have times of abnormal peak activity (agricultural harvests, power station shutdowns etc)
What I wanted to say, but too dumb to say.

Cheka

Likes Bikes
A dude who I have found entirely reasonable just posted some NSW MP interviewing a paramedic from Tumut who won't get the vaccine for "personal reasons" and is up in arms that he might not be able to work as a paramedic without vaccination.

FFS. Personal reasons, is NOT a reason. What's the real reason? He doesn't say, just claims he's not anti vax and that people who want to be vaccinated should be. I'm sorry fella, but you can get jabbed or get another job.
Does my head in. I am a Paramedic and am rapidly losing patience with my fellow so called registered health professionals who refuse to get vaccinated for no good reason.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Yes, just became eligible (16-39)

Cant get a booking before November.
Makes the "hesitancy" narrative seem like a bit of a crock when demand skyrockets like that huh? I had AZ #1 a couple of weeks ago, just before ScoMo announced Pfizer eligibility would change from 1 Sept. Told my partner to book any appt she could (AZ) for early-mid September in anticipation of the change, and bingo - Dandrews changed the rule a week later and she was already booked for 9 September before the tidal wave of bookings hit. Got lucky, really.

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
Yes, just became eligible (16-39)

Cant get a booking before November.
I booked in for AZ before Pfizer became available to my age group (my booking is for late September). I'll ask about Pfizer on the day but ultimately I don't mind getting AZ. Husband is getting AZ next week.

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I note the premier of Vic was asked yesterday how many of the cases were from people doing the wrong thing ie not following restrictions and those that have caught it in essential workplaces.. He didn’t have an answer neither did Weinmar.. But they did offer up the “tone” of the case types.. All very much it’s “the vibe” from the castle..
Sutton already said people had spread it to mutiple others and never knew they had it until someone near them got symptomatic.. Pretty hard to blame people for spreading a disease within their households if they don’t even know they have it..

Covid doesn’t just infect people doing the wrong thing.. It would be very helpful for all us doing our best for the gov to be transparent about covidiots vs people at the wrong place at the wrong time..

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I booked in for AZ before Pfizer became available to my age group (my booking is for late September). I'll ask about Pfizer on the day but ultimately I don't mind getting AZ. Husband is getting AZ next week.
Have you seen the recent studies on AZ? In the UK hosptial admissions due to covid was twice as low for AZ vaxxed compared to pfizer..
Your definitely not getting an inferior vax..