COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
How you going in the line there @Ackland ?

Would have though medical professionals would have had some backdoor privileges.

The state president of the Australian Medical Association, Dr Michelle Atchison, was also caught up in queue chaos.

She joined the lengthy line at Victoria Park about 10pm and tweeted early this morning that she was still waiting at 5am.
Poor chunt.

Will Richards, 21, was one of hundreds of South Australians caught up in testing queue chaos this morning.

He went to the Firle testing station at 7am with his household after learning his mother was at the Marryatville Woolworths exposure site.

They waited two and a half hours before being told by officials they weren’t going to get tested by the 5pm closure time.

“The line was massive and there were cars parked in all of the side streets everywhere,” he told InDaily.

“We found the back of the line and then we were waiting there for about 2.5 hours. We moved about 10 metres in that time.

“Then a government car came and said we wouldn’t be able to get tested because apparently someone parked their car at 3am and everyone parked behind that thinking it was the queue so then there were cars parked everywhere, no queue, just in a circle :D so we got told we weren’t going to get tested by 5pm.

“They said the line wasn’t really going anywhere.

“They could have just had signs in place for queuing. They must have known there were going to be so many people queuing up to get tested.”

The family then headed to the Mt Barker testing station where they have been told there is a six-hour wait standing up and they can’t guarantee they’ll get tested before the closure time.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Was someone here on RB posting on how, if a person had eg 1 x A-Z vaccination, and the 2nd jab Pfizer, that the person may be denied entry to certain countries when we can generally travel without permits or exemptions?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Same. (Though 2 clicks…open app, check in)
They aren’t clicking. I don’t think they’re even unlocking and turning on camera in some cases, just trying to look like they’re doing it.

A lot of people, particularly older people, don't actually know how to do it. Not all phones have qr code reading software installed either. Last year when NSW first got serious about it a lot of my customers thought they just had to take a photograph! People can often become very defensive/hostile about their lack of knowledge and quickly paint themselves into a corner just because they don't understand the technology.

Having spent a bunch of time showing people how it's done...fuck it's tiring.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Got the Astra Zeneca first jab yesterday. Was fine until about 10pm, then the list of side-effects were all experienced:

Common side effects after COVID-19 Vaccine AstraZeneca include:

• injection site pain or tenderness
  • tiredness
  • headache
  • muscle pain
  • fever and chills
  • puts you on your arse like a rhino hit with a tranquiliser dart
Do you want me to look after the bikes?

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk

ozzybmx

Triple checking... I was at the plaza the day before so all clear.
Bank account transaction date showed the wrong date.
My Google maps location timeline is much more accurate
Well only 1 case today, SA might get early release for good behaviour again.

Had planned a semi-night ride, just noticed that my circle allows me to ride Pony Ridge road but technically I need 2.8km to ride down Pony Ridge.

Last edited:

Flow-Rider

Burner
Around here, some shops ask if you have, but never check.
And no, it’s really not in my interest to approach these people. It’s a small community, and while I don’t know most of these people personally, I know who they are and they know who I am, and it’s not something I’m prepared to deal with the fallout for years to come.
People here are burned out. It’s more emotionally charged than you probably understand.
You don't have to abuse them, ask them politely, but it should be something that the proprietor does automatically. Just imagine you caught it, passed it on and was the cause of someone's death. People not taking this seriously is a big part of the problem.

Brisbane isn't as big as what people think, shit on people and word gets around quickly.
I still see my teacher from primary school grade 1 and another from grade 2 at the local clubs, even 3 of the school cleaners from over 40 years ago, let alone a good percentage of the kids I went to school with and their families.

Again at the local last night. Three young adults, two male, one female, wandering around with masks off. Giggling like they were being just soo fucking smart. Female had the mask hanging from one ear, one male had his under his chin and the third had the mask hanging out of his shirt pocket. So I said you may all be mentally under 12 but show some fucking common sense and wear your masks like a normal person. Next time they all had masks on, not sure if it was because of what I said or not but don't care. What the fuck is really going on?
There was some knob here at Bunnings that had his jocks tied around his face.

A lot of people, particularly older people, don't actually know how to do it. Not all phones have qr code reading software installed either. Last year when NSW first got serious about it a lot of my customers thought they just had to take a photograph! People can often become very defensive/hostile about their lack of knowledge and quickly paint themselves into a corner just because they don't understand the technology.

Having spent a bunch of time showing people how it's done...fuck it's tiring.
Can't they sign in manually?

ozzybmx

I was fucked up for a solid week from shot one of phiiiiiiiiiizzzzzer. I kept completing the post shot surveys, someone from the health department called me.
I had nothing from Pfizza 1. If you pushed your finger into the injection site it was tender for a day but no side effects at all... maybe they gave me a placebo.

Strange as the flu jab makes me sick as a dog, thus why I only get it every few years.

bear the bear

Is a real bear
I had nothing from Pfizza 1. If you pushed your finger into the injection site it was tender for a day but no side effects at all... maybe they gave me a placebo.

Strange as the flu jab makes me sick as a dog, thus why I only get it every few years.
I was sore for a day with the first jab. Work administered flu jab this year, everyone said they had a sore arm for 3 days

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered

2nd shot will give you a bit of a love tap, about 10hrs later.

I got my 2nd in the morning, worked my day, and got the family all fed and watered, before having a pretty uncomfortable night.

Work the next day was OK, just still a little uncomfortable.

Might work better for you getting a late arvo 2nd shot before going to work.

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk

ozzybmx

Might work better for you getting a late arvo 2nd shot before going to work.
I am doing workplace training (as the trainer) for 8 separate days next month, one of them is the day after Pfizer 2... might swap that date as I definitely don't want to be feeling dusty.

Cheers for the heads up.