The QUICK question thread.....

Minlak

custom titis
Please tell me more good sir?
It was the fist bike I ever hit a 3 foot drop on (by mistake on a night ride) and I didn’t die - it’s currently doing duty with an aggressive rider up here and serving him well. Climbed really well with minimal pedal bob and was super smooth going down. I don’t think it had any flexiness in the frame for any riding I did

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
It was the fist bike I ever hit a 3 foot drop on (by mistake on a night ride) and I didn’t die - it’s currently doing duty with an aggressive rider up here and serving him well. Climbed really well with minimal pedal bob and was super smooth going down. I don’t think it had any flexiness in the frame for any riding I did
Cheers man. While I personally love hammering around in a short travel bike, on of my big hard is that so many such frames have light weight tubes and end to flex when pushed hard into corners etc.

Having seen your high powered riding videos, I feel you are a trust worthy judge.

You're a taller fellow yeah? If it's not too forward of me, what is your height and what size frame were you on?

Minlak

custom titis
Cheers man. While I personally love hammering around in a short travel bike, on of my big hard is that so many such frames have light weight tubes and end to flex when pushed hard into corners etc.

Having seen your high powered riding videos, I feel you are a trust worthy judge.

You're a taller fellow yeah? If it's not too forward of me, what is your height and what size frame were you on?
I was on a large frame and run out at 186cms - I was using a 70mm XC stem on it as well though but that’s more as I wa siding at an XX bike not just a wanting 20mm more reach.

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
Does anyone have a Koala sofabed? How is it holding up? Is it worth the money?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Does anyone have a Koala sofabed? How is it holding up? Is it worth the money?
I recently needed a new mattress and happen to have 2 different friends that own koala mattresses for their personal beds.

Friend 1 is a well built man probably weighing in around 95kg (we have been to the onsen together). The ladies love him. He tells me the mattress has held up pretty well over the last (close to) 3 years.

Friend 2 is married with children and told me the mattress didn't last 6 weeks until they sent it back because it was falling apart and couldn't take the heat.

These are not the same mattress etc etc and your experience may ddkdde?

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Does anyone know what significant differences exist between a Maxxis Minion II DHR and DHF?
Dhr = downhill race
Dhf = downhill freeride

I find the Dhr is better on the front due to better braking performance and the Dhf is better on the rear as it wears better.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Does anyone know what significant differences exist between a Maxxis Minion II DHR and DHF?
IMHO the DHR2 has a better spread of knobs and is more consistent with its grip and stops better. It's slower rolling than the DHF. Run front or rear.

The DHF has the vague channel between straight line grip and tipping it right over. For that reason if I have to run it, rear is better for me. It's also faster rolling. And @moorey says it's better if you run it backwards...

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
IMHO the DHR2 has a better spread of knobs and is more consistent with its grip and stops better. It's slower rolling than the DHF. Run front or rear.

The DHF has the vague channel between straight line grip and tipping it right over. For that reason if I have to run it, rear is better for me. It's also faster rolling. And @moorey says it's better if you run it backwards...
Just about to mount up a DHR2 on the front courtesy of @beeb

Will test it out sunday

moorey

call me Mia

Based on an extensive study of 1. Could be psychosomatic.
Running Wild Enduros on the Tranny lately, and cuss I love them. Tend to save them for races and events, but it’s going to be hard to take them off. Loving them sick in today’s conditions.