The QUICK question thread.....

blacksp20

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Want to sell the Camper Trailer - Anyone got any advice on where to try and sell it? Have a Facebook ad up of course - Not using Gumtree - Saw a few websites but they seemed a bit scattered or want money - happy to pay money for an Ad but don't want to pay for site A if site B is better.
I’ve been looking on caravancampingsales.com.au and it looks pretty decent. Much like carsales but for campers etc

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Does anyone own a transition smuggler? Looking for feedback on he they ride please? Are the aluminium frames stiff or flexy? And...are they send friendly?

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Does anyone own a transition smuggler? Looking for feedback on he they ride please? Are the aluminium frames stiff or flexy? And...are they send friendly?
I've got a 2018 Alloy Smuggler.

I'm super happy with it although I went from a medium 2008 giant reign x1 to the smuggler, so my impressions might be a bit skewed as I have tried much else.

Took a bit to get used to the modern geo. I'm 182cm and bought a large. Good fit with seated pedalling and feels a tad bigger than the reign when seated. Standing feels much longer than the old Reign (and it is much longer)

Doesn't seem flexy to me.

Not really one for gap jumps myself, but do like to find jumps in the natural terrain which obviously don't tend to have much in the way of landings. Haven't broken anything yet.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Cheers @fjohn860 - bike isn't for me, prospective owner is maybe 185-188cm and a lot lighter than me. Plus he isn't going to push it like I would. But he does like to jump small to medium and the occasional steep(ish) rocky descent (not charging full blown dh rock gardens). Less climb more fun sort of thing.

Geo chart isn't too different to my scout, but you know...29 inch wheels and slightly less travel.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Cheers @fjohn860 - bike isn't for me, prospective owner is maybe 185-188cm and a lot lighter than me. Plus he isn't going to push it like I would. But he does like to jump small to medium and the occasional steep(ish) rocky descent (not charging full blown dh rock gardens). Less climb more fun sort of thing.

Geo chart isn't too different to my scout, but you know...29 inch wheels and slightly less travel.
It's a far more capable bike than my skills/healthy caution can utilise.

Gets me down Cressy descent, Lactic acid, Travs' diamond and Boulder tracks at the You Yangs with minimal fuss.

Certainly doesn't feel like a 120mm travel bike.