The QUICK question thread.....

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Running Wild Enduros on the Tranny lately, and cuss I love them. Tend to save them for races and events, but it’s going to be hard to take them off.
My Highlander currently has DHR II maxx grip front and back, got a set of Wild Enduros here to swap them out for.
Pretty hard to find stock of the Michelin at the moment... be careful with them unless you have a good supply :oops:

moorey

call me Mia
My Highlander currently has DHR II maxx grip front and back, got a set of Wild Enduros here to swap them out for.
Pretty hard to find stock of the Michelin at the moment... be careful with them unless you have a good supply :oops:
I have 3f and 4r’s I think. Probike kit still stock, though a tad dearer.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Based on an extensive study of 1. Could be psychosomatic.
Running Wild Enduros on the Tranny lately, and cuss I love them. Tend to save them for races and events, but it’s going to be hard to take them off. Loving them sick in today’s conditions.
The Wild Rock'r2 is a better option in rocky and loose over hardpack. Also available.

I think Michelin were in the middle of swapping to a new Wild Enduro, which is why they are a bit hard to get.

I'm a big fan of the Vittoria gravity options too.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Will have a look, 29" was zero a few weeks back. My MagiX front came from beeb here as there was none anywhere and the rear GumX from Germany. Did manage to get a set of the new Wild AM2 in 27.5... they are a beefy tyre too.

Scotty675

Cable thief
I’ve got a aluminium rear triangle that has a stripped thread. Was thinking off getting a brass insert pressed in then retapping? I can’t get a helicoil so thought this would be way to go. Is a weird size but can get a 15x1mm tap. Will get an engineering joint to do it but wondering if this is right way to go about it.

Flow-Rider

Burner
I’ve got a aluminium rear triangle that has a stripped thread. Was thinking off getting a brass insert pressed in then retapping? I can’t get a helicoil so thought this would be way to go. Is a weird size but can get a 15x1mm tap. Will get an engineering joint to do it but wondering if this is right way to go about it.
View attachment 374252View attachment 374253View attachment 374254
I'd put a steel insert in there, is it only the start of the thread that is stripped if so you will be able to clean it up with a thread tap?

slowmick

38-39"
Longer axle and a domed nut? You are removing strength by boring it out and adding an insert. Not a huge amount of wall thickness to start with.

Otherwise the glue gurus may come along to assist you with bonding in your insert.

ausdb

Being who he is
Why not run a high tensile bolt right through with a nut on the outside of the piece?
My thoughts are along those lines but what does the pivot bolt look like?
Maybe get the threads on the bolt turned down to the minor diameter. Get a bush made with the ID to match that size and the OD to clear the mangled threads but with a shoulder on the outside. Press for that in place with retaining compound. Then use a long bolt and custom washer to clamp it all together. More a labour of love job than something you would pay by the hour to get done.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
The chamfer on the outside would dictate a custom nut. I’d go with a custom bolt and nut, bolt turned down from something larger like a Subaru Forester lateral link bolt. If the thread minor diameter on the frame is smaller then then rhs that’s smooth like images suggest, I’d remove the thread so the new bolt doesn’t need a reduced OD through the existing thread.

Scotty, don’t be too hard on yourself. Often frames are no where near the tensile strength needed to survive.

Scotty675

Cable thief
It is a bolt bush set up. I bought the frame new but recon I voided the warranty when all the paint fell off. Is from a v1 bronson. I would consider finding a replacement rear triangle but have only been able to find carbon. It is weird as I would of known if I stripped it during assembly. Shape of bevel makes it hard without facing a flat surface.

ausdb

Being who he is
What's the chance of finding a 20mm maxle for an old set of 426 Pikes at a reasonable price? Or have they gone the way of all other unicorn parts?

Scotty675

Cable thief
Did they do a through axle? I have no idea on older Mtb parts as I was late to the party to experience the goodness. I did a google but only saw sets with quick release. I’d need a through axle to turn down and rethread. I can find 15x1mm tap and dies.

ausdb

Being who he is
Did they do a through axle? I have no idea on older Mtb parts as I was late to the party to experience the goodness. I did a google but only saw sets with quick release. I’d need a through axle to turn down and rethread. I can find 15x1mm tap and dies.
It would appear so

moorey

call me Mia
No 15mm in those days.