Your most hated "SALE SPEAK"

Flow-Rider

Burner
I got a response on the last thing I tried to buy on Facebook ($20 stem). Had just been added to market place

“Sorry mate, I’m flying out to Europe tomorrow. Flick me a message in September and you can come and grab it then.”

Why the fuck did you just post it up?
His misses probably told him he had to sell all the bike parts.

cammas

Seamstress
I ended up messaging the guy saying “I take that as a no?” He came back with “Im not sure“ then deleted the ad, geez I was only being cheeky asking for $5 off the price I would’ve paid full price if he said no

Rusty_68

say no to ooogamaflap
"Change of sponsor".

Get this a fair bit, but mainly from dickhead roadies trying to flog some crap they bought thinking it was cool at the time. I saw one guy trying to sell a pair of BONT road shoes, saying he had chnaged sponsor. FFS!!

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
My favourite is the "NO SALE NO SPEAK" that a certain member on here might recognise:

Other guy reaches out to me on PM - I'm keen on the cannondale chase you mentioned in that other thread, what price would you be thinking?

I tell him that I'm attached to the bike and would prob factor that in - he understood but was keen to see it and discuss price. I clean bike up a bit, take heaps of pics to show the wear and tear plus parts to makes sure the dude is interested, which he is and asks how much, I provide initial asking price......., crickets.

It's bad enough when people don't have the decency to say, "thanks, but I think we might be too far apart", etc. But I didn't even have a for sale thread up, this guy initiated the discussion and then just decided not to respond when we was passed it. Dude is even in the bike industry, hope he doesn't treat customers like that.

*I assume it was because he thought he'd get it for dirt cheap, which I warned him at the get go wouldn't be happening. I'm hoping it wasn't instead related to a bad turn of events in his life. If so, all is forgiven!