You laugh you lose

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Sort of..
Cocks are a type of valve, often used for gas.
"Cock" became common Japanese usage for "valve"..

When you first move into Japanese apartment, should first search the room for cocks :p (to plug your gas heater/cooker into)

Even here can buy gas cocks :)

Also glass "stopcocks", like in burettes..

View attachment 407050
Years ago I used to frequent the Castlemaine Perkins Brewery in Brissy for site work. Everytime I walked past a massive tank I used to giggle as it had a valve sticking out the side of it with a label that stated "try cock"

Flow-Rider

Burner
Years ago I used to frequent the Castlemaine Perkins Brewery in Brissy for site work. Everytime I walked past a massive tank I used to giggle as it had a valve sticking out the side of it with a label that stated "try cock"
My mate's father had done all the boiler maintenance there for years, it was his second job after the Navy, was there for over 50 years.

Flow-Rider

Burner
What's left of them. I've done contract work there since 2009 and a lot of those old guys have retired or been put out to pasture. It's a very different place now.
I think he finished up around 2007, they used to get free allocated beer can't remember if it was weekly or monthly. It changed a lot once overseas interest bought in.