Xbox 360's Unite!

hardinge915

Likes Bikes and Dirt
who can tell me how to fix 3 RROD when i turn the xbox on it doesn't show up on the screen, i just brought a new xbox so i just want to fix the old one for my projector so i can play in the backyard in summer :p:p

ive penny tricked it, there no xclamp its had the xclamp mod done, and ive overheated it many tmes by the towel trick

i would like a more longer lasting result

any help would be much appreciated
You've fucked it then. If you did the Xclamps properly you wouldn't have to worry about it. I did mine and has been done for 6months now, used every day as a games machine and DVD player and nothing wrong at all. Perfect.

Overheating it on purpose fucks the system and causes the processors life to shorten 10 fold.

Steve-0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Tekken 6 = Awesome! good game.

New single player is really fun and huge list of characters with customization is sweet

FUS30N

Likes Bikes

mrcurlyhead

Likes Dirt
You've fucked it then. If you did the Xclamps properly you wouldn't have to worry about it. I did mine and has been done for 6months now, used every day as a games machine and DVD player and nothing wrong at all. Perfect.

Overheating it on purpose fucks the system and causes the processors life to shorten 10 fold.
i had no x-clamps when i opened it, ive been told it needs to be re-flowed and 150 dollars for that to be done is ABIT pricey ill just leave it or chuck it out i dont mind :p

anyone want to buy a SAMSUNG xbox dvd drive from my xbox that works still
and i also have the HD cables to

LJohn

Likes Dirt
Tekken 6 = Awesome! good game.

New single player is really fun and huge list of characters with customization is sweet
It's like the developers sat down and said 'hey, let's take all of the shit bits out and throw in the good bits from every tekken game' for once. It's fantastic.

Great drunk button masher arcade game for mates as well. Although it's a bit unfair when you know exactly how to dodge and juggle.

sinnie

Squid
mw2

Been spending countless hours playing Call of Duty Modern warefare 2, just the only negative is that its too short for single player, but the missions are awesome. Multiplayer is freakin awesome though!

Mobywan

Likes Dirt
So what's the general verdict on MW2 now that it's been out for a few weeks and the dust has sort of settled?

For me, highlights:

Weapons and attachments - lot more to choose from and some good combos
Killstreaks - nice to have some choices. Harder to get streaks tho.
Bonus Pts - Buzzkills, Paybacks, etc... all good fun.

Lowlights:

Freakin Akimbo Shotguns that everyone seems to be running around with - it's a broken combo... IMHO.

The matchmaking - can't decide whether it's better than MW1 or not but I've had nights where it takes a long time to find a game even though there's 30000 people online. Reminds me a bit of Halo 3 in that area.

Zyphryss

Breaker of the unbreakable
Just bought an Xbox 360 today, with the Go Pro kit.

Came with Halo 3 and Halo Wars; $449 from Dick Smith.

Stoked!!

Zyphryss

Breaker of the unbreakable
I hope that came with another 2 games, free xbox live and a 120gb harddrive, or you got ripped off
Uhh, nope... 60GB hard drive.

Just found out that my mum bought my Xbox for Christmas 4 years ago for $599, with 5 games... how times have changed!

norco01

Likes Dirt
Uhh, nope... 60GB hard drive.

Just found out that my mum bought my Xbox for Christmas 4 years ago for $599, with 5 games... how times have changed!
xbox elite pack from jb for 440 comes with free xbox live gold for 3 months, forza 3, assasins creed, pure and one other game, headset and 120gig hard drive. :)

Mattydv

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ok guys, i'm buying a 360 sometime before chrissy and having almost no experience in actually buying electronics, i've got little idea of what is a good deal and what isn't. I've found the JB deal which is something like $400 for elite with 4 games and headset. Is this worthwhile or should I keep looking around?

Last edited:

Alec McJo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ok guys, i'm buying a 360 sometime before chrissy and having almost no experience in actually buying electronics, i've got little idea of what is a good deal and what isn't. I've found the JB deal which is something like $400 for elite with 4 games and headset. Is this worthwhile or should I keep looking around?
JB and EB are you 2 best options for good deals!

mrcurlyhead

Likes Dirt
xbox elite pack from jb for 440 comes with free xbox live gold for 3 months, forza 3, assasins creed, pure and one other game, headset and 120gig hard drive. :)
OWNED MUCH! i just paid 400 for the gears of war pack comes with xbox pro 60 gig with gears 1 and 2 and forza 3 i traded them in for MW2:) also came with 1 controller and headset:( jibbed much:(