work/trades...what do you do for a crust?

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Within professions there are choices too. I knocked back offers from an oil refinery, two different aluminium smelters, an alumina refinery and an ammonium nitrate plant just for basic wh&s considerations. Not how it was managed but the basic environment. Sure there are plenty of other examples.

Norco Maniac

Is back!
Does anyone remember hearing Adam Spencer do that on JJJ Breakfast back in the 90's ? he tried to say "Rex Hunt uncut" I was listening at work operating a dredge. PMSL !
I'm old enough to remember the furore over an australian tv icon doing a crow call "faaaarrkk" on live tv...can't think of the name but he had googly eyes, Graham somebody?

Norco Maniac

Is back!
Can we all just agree that no dual cab ute looks good. It’s not meant to.
It’s only job is to not intentionally offend the eye. Some can’t manage that.
Some of the modern ones aren't too bad but they make me miss my old Hilux extracab show ute.

MasterOfReality

After forever
Principal mining geotech engineer. Advise the business on stability of all new pits, restarts and current pits for all study phases up to execution. Provide alternate designs for those that arent up to scratch. Provide rpeq signoff on geotech component.

Can be mundane at times but satisfaction is seeing a design executed and not killing someone!
Went independent 2 years ago after setting up a company. Thermal and coking coal still the main source of income but now diversifying into open cut and underground metals.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
If I had my time again, I'd love to be a plumber. I reckon it's possibly the noblest of all jobs out there, and I've never met a grumpy plumber in my life.
You say that, but how do you really feel about digging around in people's shit and then having morning tea? Somethings just won't wash off you hands. I'm sure @Plankosaurus can put a positive vibe on it.

moorey

call me Mia
They grow on you...like grandkids, or old age and the need for extra baggage space :D
I couldn’t live without a ute. It’s all I’ve driven for close to 25 years. The only one I could say was good looking was my 1979 F100 though.
My defender 130 was awesome...when not broken down, but ugly. My Navara was practical but a yawnfest. Current Hilux is the best vehicle of them...but still not anything attractive.
They aren’t an ugly option....just not something you buy for looks.

Norco Maniac

Is back!
I couldn’t live without a ute. It’s all I’ve driven for close to 25 years. The only one I could say was good looking was my 1979 F100 though.
My defender 130 was awesome...when not broken down, but ugly. My Navara was practical but a yawnfest. Current Hilux is the best vehicle of them...but still not anything attractive.
They aren’t an ugly option....just not something you buy for looks.
Always liked F100's.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
If I had my time again, I'd love to be a plumber. I reckon it's possibly the noblest of all jobs out there, and I've never met a grumpy plumber in my life.
4 year apprenticeship to learn shit floats downstream and payday’s Thursday?
I reckon you could knock that out in your spare time, why wait for another go.

Plenty of grumpy plumbers around.
Or maybe that’s just Sydney.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
You say that, but how do you really feel about digging around in people's shit and then having morning tea? Somethings just won't wash off you hands. I'm sure @Plankosaurus can put a positive vibe on it.
Once you've climbed into someone's septic tank to dig out the solids the truck can't pump out, there's not much left in the world to get you down

Sent from my H8324 using Tapatalk