Who, where or what is a minmi?

lucky13

Likes Dirt
was a good ride today at glenrock. lucky the rain pissed off.
was good to see a couple of new faces out with the minmi boys, hope you's had fun boys and we'll see you at the next one.

sammydog

NSWMTB, Hunter MTB Association
Serious, the rain went away. I'm not far from glenrock and it didn't stop raining all arvo??

lucky13

Likes Dirt
Serious, the rain went away. I'm not far from glenrock and it didn't stop raining all arvo??
yeah it was all good up there. there was a light drizzle as we were riding in, but it stopped pretty quick. we didn't get wet at all.

sorry, but we had to drink your beers:D

baden72

Likes Bikes
yeah thanx for organising that ride it was good fun. we didnt get wet but we got muddy :p
i wont be back till 26th so some time after that ill definently get out riding again
cheers

fairy1

Banned
Damn it, this sucks, no bike and perfct weather!!
When my bike wasn't dead I was contemplating building an ARK it was that damn wet.
Still tryna figure out what to buy, Magic carpet or Hartail?????

Dug

Likes Dirt
Looks like a good track Dug.

Im keen to come up and ride it!
Any time we got the accomodation covered.

Yeah this is the end of the first top part, found a kick arse potential rock garden and the guys are working on the next bit which is a bit boring but they have one of the best wall rides that I have ridden (not the one in the shot). Fast and it pushes your suspension, I spend a few hours just riding this bit. It's about 1K long now and has some nice little drops. Ill try to get some pictures of the My track "Dead Cow" up this arvo as I'm having a slack attack after rebuilding the Faith after Awaba. I was due for a major service anyway. Might be bringing a hard tail down for a go at rimba hmmm dunno see how the back holds up....:D

Last edited:

Dug

Likes Dirt
One of a few we could use. Getting together with a few of the secret factions up here and trying to unite them so we can have a choice of tracks in the area. But this venue is the preferred one at the moment. The Dead Cow Track is comming along and it is fully catered. With BBq and camping at the top and 2wd access for shuttles. The goat track is the ducks guts but is a while away yet. 4K's+ and 400M drop into a camping area and BBq area with showers and dunnys N everyfin but I am trying to get the state forest permission for this one as it will be one of the best in the area and need it to be legal for reasons that are obvious:rolleyes:

Hooked up with a guy near Taree and I will see what he thinks about the idea so we got more options. Looking bright for the future;)

lucky13

Likes Dirt
Damn it, this sucks, no bike and perfct weather!!
When my bike wasn't dead I was contemplating building an ARK it was that damn wet.
Still tryna figure out what to buy, Magic carpet or Hartail?????
if you're planning on riding other tracks (especially monkey), then it's time for a dually ey.

Cloaked STP

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Im keen to ride, Im hanging out for Rimbah will probably have a stiffer spring in the rear 500pounder so we will have to see how it goes.

Selling off some stuff as well so I might have a new bike soon. Dont think the Dhcomp is my style want something smaller.

Cloaked STP

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah its in the shop at the moment. The kid fixing it has an old 04 comp in his garage and is trying to salvage the heavier spring for me.

Might actually see if its ready for pick up soon. Turns out they did repack that bolt and put it in there pretty tight, I trust em been going to them for years so I dont think they would stiff me.

Just have to put it down to one of those random race moments.

And I might take you up on that lucky, always good to get a test ride in.