What does your day look like?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
All things going to plan, today is my last day on snow. I'm not ready to go home, but I could use a shave. About 25cm of crisp winter style powder on the deck this morning seems a nice way to wrap up the season!

Well then...here I am all done, except fuck me there is a lot of snow falling. It came down thick all day and looks to be set in for the night. So tomorrow morning we shall see what the deck says about going for a board before heading to Tokyo. Ordinarily I'd just do it and dry my gear in the hotel, but I have booked a hotel near Asakusa station. For those not familiar it's a cunt of a station that spreads out a lot underground and last time I was there didn't have an elevator which made lugging 50kg of luggage up to the surface only to discover I'd used the wrong exit and was a long way from the hotel a bit of a pain in the arse, so I was intending to black cat most of my stuff to the airport. I'll probably board and courier my stuff and deal woth the stink at home...

Also today both sets of cold weather gloves passed away, I'd had them for a longer than most of my gear lasts and this season they saw a lot more hand dragging carving action thanks to the fewer (@ozzybmx) snow fall, so not disappointed and would buy them again if Oakley still made them. Also my pants have a myriad of holes in them from wrangling trees. So it might be common sense wins out.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Well here is my last snow action post for a while. You bet there was too much snow to leave this morning! It was knee deep at the front door and came down heavy and steady all day. The day was epic, probably one of the best this season.

20240310_090955~3.jpg

And with 59 days of snowboarding completed, I am off to Tokyo. If I had been counting prior to sitting on the train I would have stayed on 1 more day to hit 60. The longest stretch was 31 days straight, hopefully next year I can have a more cohesive schedule and avoid some of the days off. It's been pretty damn good, even if most of the season had some of the lowest snowfall on record. I used the time well to tune up on my carving and learn a couple of new tricks (all of which I will have forgotten by next season). The last couple of days in February and the first 10 days of march has been amazing! The constant intense snowfall was reminiscent of the way I remember Japanese winters. Today was one of the best days I've had on snow in a long time. Fresh bottomless turns in mid-thigh deep pow and more face shots than the rest of the season put together.

I am looking forward to not eating rice for a while. As much as I love Japanese food, rice is something I barely eat at home. In a few days I'll be back in the heat and (shudder) working...

...I might also try and teach myself how to ride a bike again.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Yowsers, I just did six days in a row and my legs are toast
I've pulled some long stretches over the years. I find once I'm on a roll the legs just get into gear and do what they need to do. My legs are generally in pretty good shape from rising and work, and I am fairly flexible (can touch toes at will etc). A bit of stretching and a lot of time in the bath tub as well. Oh and hydration...we can't forget hydration. I hope to one year board 100+ days. If only the southern season wasn't so shit...lucky I found a glacier in japan that opens April to July and there is a few spots in North America with unusual seasons. Oh for infinity money!

It comes at a slight inconvenience. ..currently have a numb toe on my left foot, a few toe nails that need attention to unstick them, a numb spot in the ball of my right foot, and my head is slightly turned to the right (I'm goofy footed). But that will all clear up in a day or two.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
coming back to reality isnt all that bad,

Most of it will be good. Just a few things that I don't mind being way from...like working and summer.

Amazing how strong the city smells are after so long away. I'm a fair way up in this hotel and my room smells like I'm in a bustling Cafe. So I am off for breakfast, think I'll have a morning set.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
...and it is all over except for the waiting at the airport and a 2 hour flight delay. Not sure why I rushed to get here...

A month or so ago I came across an elaborate cognac bottle in a Donki. It was ceramic or porcelain, black, with gold highlights, Viking ship. Apparently the company founders had links back to those northern parts of the world. Anyway it looked awesome and was not unaffordable. But I didn't want to lug it around japan with me so I figured I would pick it up at a Tokyo branch...it's not like there isn't many of them there. So my last couple of days have been intertwined with ducking into every Donki store I came near and making a special trip to the mega Donki in Shibuya (I hate the crowds out there). All to no avail! I did come across a white bottle verbose, but it was sitting close to $300. I guess I'll have to come back next season. Oh and it has also steadily puked snow most days since I got to Tokyo. Tune in next year for another round of why the fuck do I have a job?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男

Yep after seeing the black one a few times (I transit through nagano a bit over the season) I can have no other! Unless it's the blue and gold one.

I came across an amazing little whisky shop in ginza. They had all manner of retro and vintage whisky. There was a whole bunch of 80s golf tournament bottles shaped like animals that were really cool and really expensive. I wanted some photos so bad, but...you know.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Yep after seeing the black one a few times (I transit through nagano a bit over the season) I can have no other! Unless it's the blue and gold one.

I came across an amazing little whisky shop in ginza. They had all manner of retro and vintage whisky. There was a whole bunch of 80s golf tournament bottles shaped like animals that were really cool and really expensive. I wanted some photos so bad, but...you know.
I have some bad news for you then. https://www.oldrichmondcellars.com/larsen/

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk