What does your day look like?

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Devils advocate here. Is it possible with a post hole digger they may not have realised? If they did then fuck them. Give him a call.
There’s a chance they didn’t realise they hit it but it must have been visible when they put the post in and poured concrete. It’s not just a small edge that’s been hit/damaged, it’s right on top with concrete covering half of it and blocking it entirely.

I cut open the pipe after the post and ran a hose down there and it stopped at the next post too so seems to be more than just one. Will keep digging tomorrow before I call him and ask what the fuck he was thinking.

EDIT: I get that this sort of thing happens but just stop and tell me so I can fix it before you concrete and backfill and cause a massive fucking headache

Jpez

Down on the left!
There’s a chance they didn’t realise they hit it but it must have been visible when they put the post in and poured concrete. It’s not just a small edge that’s been hit/damaged, it’s right on top with concrete covering half of it and blocking it entirely.

I cut open the pipe after the post and ran a hose down there and it stopped at the next post too so seems to be more than just one. Will keep digging tomorrow before I call him and ask what the fuck he was thinking.

EDIT: I get that this sort of thing happens but just stop and tell me so I can fix it before you concrete and backfill and cause a massive fucking headache
Yeah fair enough. Thinking on it now cleaning the hole out they would have seen it so yeah. Fuck them. Send them the plumbers bill. And get the plumber to load it up!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Went to see a man about a job this morning...has been (something I hear a fair bit of in the industry) having difficulty finding staff. Seems ok, cafe is decked with a high end set up, customers seem mostly good, team are ok. He wants me on board. What's the pay?

The absolute lowest pay he could legally pay.

Can't decide if I'll grab a few extra dollars off him before I head to NZ or just not. I probably should, but I'm not much good at being an adult.

Well I gave this guy a mild poodle-ing. He emailed through all the onboarding forms and a roster for the week ahead...and I figured what better time than Sunday afternoon to send the "thanks for your offer, but I won't be accepting this job..." email? I was going to wait for Monday morning but I'm waiting for my smoke wagon lunch and the trigger finger got itchy. I think I made it pretty clear "the pay offer is not enough" doesn't have much ambiguity to it.

Of course I then get a message from one of my other jobs advising a shift change for Tuesday...4 hours of work cut. So that boss got a reminder that flexibility and reliability comes at a price and it's best not to skimp on that bill.

frenchman

Eats cheese. Sells crack.
lol, no. I use their aircraft registry data though when doing aviation emissions estimates :) If qantas I was going go ask if you’re going to get rated for the new airbuses they’re replacing the 717 with.

And if you’ve watched these guys https://youtube.com/@CockpitCasual
the estimates go out the window when we’re tired and want to get home fast :D

The crew that fly the 717 don’t work for Qantas, and nor will the 220 crew. (Also fuck flying something nearly as big as a 73 for 30-50% less money lol)
See below

Steve from nomadic group has a wealth of info, helped me out during covid. Nice guy.

Last edited:

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
the estimates go out the window when we’re tired and want to get home fast :D

The crew that fly the 717 don’t work for Qantas, and nor will the 220 crew. (Also fuck flying something nearly as big as a 73 for 30-50% less money lol)
See below

Steve from nomadic group has a wealth of info, helped me out during covid. Nice guy.
Ah, corporate structure shenanigans strike again…

Nomadic sure does look like a good job to have :)