What does your day look like?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Not today, but yesterday...was probably the last good day of snow for my style of boarding for the season (today is a bit 50/50 and very warm so after today it's all done! Failing a big delivery of snow and a cold stretch it'll be just ice and slush to see out the trip) so it was time to seek out the last of the good times. Shooting for glory - a small send off some cornice under a chairlift into a big natural half pipe...

20230227_112533_exported_5673~2.jpg

I thought I knew where all the trees in my landing zone were! Turns out there was a tiny skinny one waiting to push me into a big springy one, which in turn slingshot me into a pretty impressive series of cartwheels down the hill! More laughing and less cheering than was anticipated. Naturally I went back after lunch, performed the send off a bigger edge and rode out like a boss...a boss without a camera operator.

mtb1611

Seymour
Bit out of the box but this is something I've been planning on doing for many years and it's finally come to fruition. Choosi=ing which ones to frame was the hardest part (I've got at least 50 more). Was focussed on choosing ones that would lend themselves to a symmetrical arrangement when hung but that would've meant excluding some faves; so I just thought 'F%^& it pick the faves and make it work!' Now to make it work and hang them....

20230228_170914.jpg
20230228_170922.jpg
20230228_170927.jpg
20230228_170932.jpg
20230228_170936.jpg
20230228_170941.jpg
20230228_170944.jpg

Last edited:

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
When we saw The Cure on their very first trip to Oz my cousin kept lots of the posters. They were small and black and white and probably made up by the venue. She used to grab as many of the posters she could from the gigs we went to and had quite a collection. Sadly I think long gone by now but you have prompted me to ask...

Scotty T

Walks the walk
FUCK YES MATE, so good, can I post the pic on the "Friends of TISM annual BBQ" Facebook group?

I got a poster with TISM, Regurgitator, You Am I and Cosmic Psychos from Good Things Festival last year. Don't have any of the many collectced from my younger years, but we have all our Big Day Out tickets. If you have any TISM double ups or spares hit me up, I'd love to get one for a friend.

mtb1611

Seymour
FUCK YES MATE, so good, can I post the pic on the "Friends of TISM annual BBQ" Facebook group?

I got a poster with TISM, Regurgitator, You Am I and Cosmic Psychos from Good Things Festival last year. Don't have any of the many collectced from my younger years, but we have all our Big Day Out tickets. If you have any TISM double ups or spares hit me up, I'd love to get one for a friend.
Absolutely. I'm in that group too. Managed to catch TISMs first 'secret' gig at the Croxton back in Nov, was amazing. Got a few more TISM posters under the bed too.