What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Very nice. I live in hope of finding some more black spire nylotrax...sob sniffle. I grabbed a set of manitou circus early last year for a build that hasn't happened. I keep looking at them wanting to get to it, but still nice frame. The time will come. That pbj must be strong!
My send button has gotten significantly smaller post injury, that’s probably got more to do with it than anything else. Now I’m just happy hitting smaller sets and no more street riding.

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
Been itching to get for a ride for weeks, managed it this morning despite a thunderstorm and torrential downpour last night.
Tested out the new Noolbenger trails in John Forrest national park.
18km of nominally green trails, but more elevation than I get in my normal session at Kalamunda.
No features at all other than berms, so a very XC trail and me being overtaken by a peloton (I think that’s the collective term) of whippets in lycra on short travel bikes
A solid first ride to ease myself into the year, and a good one to get some kms into my knees

Jabubu

let you google that for me
Got in my first ride in nearly two months!

As expected, the trails are mostly trashed bar some areas that have had recent work done to them. One area is a creek crossing with a bridge called Crocodile Creek which is now a torrent of water and an underwater bridge (see Strava video below).

I love the tyres though! They definitely drag a bit more but that's partly due to the claggy conditions and a partial drop off in fitness. Once I got up to speed I forgot all about them. As for grip, oh yeah, grip for days! Especially on diagonal wet root areas. Can't wait to experiment with air pressures and see where I land with them.

The Ergon GA2 Fat grips are much more comfortable than the narrower Deathgrips - I'll be keeping them on the bike.

I forgot to use my new wet lube so there was some complaining from the drivetrain so a clean and lube will be happening soon.

Here's my ride along with the video mentioned above.

I'm getting up early tomorrow to take part in a working bee to fix another part of the trail #NoDigNoRide

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Got in my first ride in nearly two months!

As expected, the trails are mostly trashed bar some areas that have had recent work done to them. One area is a creek crossing with a bridge called Crocodile Creek which is now a torrent of water and an underwater bridge (see Strava video below).

I love the tyres though! They definitely drag a bit more but that's partly due to the claggy conditions and a partial drop off in fitness. Once I got up to speed I forgot all about them. As for grip, oh yeah, grip for days! Especially on diagonal wet root areas. Can't wait to experiment with air pressures and see where I land with them.

The Ergon GA2 Fat grips are much more comfortable than the narrower Deathgrips - I'll be keeping them on the bike.

I forgot to use my new wet lube so there was some complaining from the drivetrain so a clean and lube will be happening soon.

Here's my ride along with the video mentioned above.

I'm getting up early tomorrow to take part in a working bee to fix another part of the trail #NoDigNoRide
Where's the vid?

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Got some new detent balls for the Fox fork damper on the Orange and put the forks back together. Bit of a design flaw on the Grip damper with the rebound knob having no weather sealing so water gets into the detent mechanism and rusts it solid,.. My ball was rusty and not round :(

Also decided it was high time to finally buy a proper 26mm socket for top caps - my normal 26mm socket predictably slipped and rounded off the corners of the hex… Boo Luckily it’s covered by the adjuster so I don’t have to see the constant reminder of my shame…

Shell Helix Ultra 5w40 is a great alternative to Fox Gold 20, and some Motul 5 weight shock oil also does nicely :) Surprisingly this one had stack of slickoleum in the air piston from the factory.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
My send button has gotten significantly smaller post injury, that’s probably got more to do with it than anything else. Now I’m just happy hitting smaller sets and no more street riding.

Injury...when your back blew the fuck up and ruined you? Or something else?

Riding bikes is fun, you don't need to send it to tomorrow to enjoy it. On my only trip to bare Creek bin chicken was my favourite stretch. I'd love to have that closer to home or a train station!

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Surprisingly this one had stack of slickoleum in the air piston from the factory.
Sadly it's not surprising at all. They only need a little bit in there, but whoever builds the forks seems to ladle it in there with a spoon and it fills a heap of the negative chamber volume and makes the fork ride harsh.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Surprisingly this one had stack of slickoleum in the air piston from the factory.
Usually too much, taking up a lot of space in the negative air chamber. I was able to fit a Luftkappe, scoop out enough new sliko from the negative air chamber space, clean the rest off and refit, using the scooped out sliko with some left over.

There was so much sliko in the neg space that would have nearly been equal the extra space that the Luftkappe gave me. It was chokkers.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Yeah right… Last one I did hardly had any at all! This one didn’t seem to have so much it would take up much air space, was just glad to see it was well lubricated.

Ultra Lord

Injury...when your back blew the fuck up and ruined you? Or something else?

Riding bikes is fun, you don't need to send it to tomorrow to enjoy it. On my only trip to bare Creek bin chicken was my favourite stretch. I'd love to have that closer to home or a train station!
Yeah the ol’ exploding disk trick really neutered my disregard for consequences. It’s a lack of mobility that hinders me, I’ve not been able to get much fluidity back with my riding.
I’m not complaining, ridings still the most fun I have when wearing pants.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Yeah the ol’ exploding disk trick really neutered my disregard for consequences. It’s a lack of mobility that hinders me, I’ve not been able to get much fluidity back with my riding.
I’m not complaining, ridings still the most fun I have when wearing pants.

Yeah back ussues will fuck you up real good. It took a while for me to get flexible etc after my back went to shit. One of my mates blew his back up (literally exploded one of the vertebrae) in japan with me in maybe 2012 I think. He was a really active guy (bikes, snow, rock climbing, surfing, etc) the sort that can't just sit down and chill. After a patient and slow recovery (and some surgery) he was back at everything. If you met him today you wouldn't believe it.

But we can't all be that lucky and you have to do what suits yourself best. Th e alternatives are less fun.

Ultra Lord

Yeah back ussues will fuck you up real good. It took a while for me to get flexible etc after my back went to shit. One of my mates blew his back up (literally exploded one of the vertebrae) in japan with me in maybe 2012 I think. He was a really active guy (bikes, snow, rock climbing, surfing, etc) the sort that can't just sit down and chill. After a patient and slow recovery (and some surgery) he was back at everything. If you met him today you wouldn't believe it.

But we can't all be that lucky and you have to do what suits yourself best. Th e alternatives are less fun.
Yeah I’m definitely pretty lucky with how it all worked out. Just things like I can’t twist my legs enough to buzz my shoulder doing a table anymore, left legs a lil’ cooked from nerve damage. Is what it is.
Can still jump and ride mtb trails etc just fine. Funnily enough I’m better on a moto than ever thanks to all the core work I do.
Many have it worse. And it is cheaper not breaking as many parts any more so that’s a win.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Yeah I’m definitely pretty lucky with how it all worked out. Just things like I can’t twist my legs enough to buzz my shoulder doing a table anymore, left legs a lil’ cooked from nerve damage. Is what it is.
Can still jump and ride mtb trails etc just fine. Funnily enough I’m better on a moto than ever thanks to all the core work I do.
Many have it worse. And it is cheaper not breaking as many parts any more so that’s a win.

If it's any consolation I can't buzz my shoulder either but that is mostly due to a lack of skill and patience! I never quite mastered the foot off the pedal while in the air.

ausdb

Being who he is
Been itching to get for a ride for weeks, managed it this morning despite a thunderstorm and torrential downpour last night.
Tested out the new Noolbenger trails in John Forrest national park.
18km of nominally green trails, but more elevation than I get in my normal session at Kalamunda.
No features at all other than berms, so a very XC trail and me being overtaken by a peloton (I think that’s the collective term) of whippets in lycra on short travel bikes
A solid first ride to ease myself into the year, and a good one to get some kms into my knees

You picked a farkin hot day for it! I'm guessing you were done before it heated up?