What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
The linkglide main body is pinned then 3-4 loose cogs but they all gouged the soft alu body.
Soft alu freehub bodies and loose cogs never were going to be a good combination.

The carriers are always on the larger cogs too which I think would see less torque/more spin and hence less chance of gouging the freehub body. Meanwhile the smaller lower toothed cogs are usually loose and more chance of digging into the freehub body. Oh well......

oldcorollas

Levin the moment
Soft alu freehub bodies and loose cogs never were going to be a good combination.

The carriers are always on the larger cogs too which I think would see less torque/more spin and hence less chance of gouging the freehub body. Meanwhile the smaller lower toothed cogs are usually loose and more chance of digging into the freehub body. Oh well......
Other way round innit?
Legs put on same chain tension, larger cog = larger diameter = longer moment arm, so torque applied to hub is larger for large gears, and smaller for small gears?

DougalStrachan

Likes Dirt
Basically 0 rides since Christmas finishing with a week in Darwin / Dundee in crappy weather for a mates birthday (i.e. attempting to drink all the beer in the NT) saw me with very little riding, so of course I decided to start the day off with a warm up 15km with the missus, work and then do the extended pub ride on the ol' gravel clocking in 70km with a few schooners, last 5km at 10pm I was seriously regretting my life choices.....

komdotkom

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I finally got around to changing the damper tune in the Mezzer on my bike. I've had it for ages and purchased it from @kten on here with a Shockcraft tune in it. He's heavier than me and had all the damping plus 50wt oil, it was ok but very harsh compared to my other Rulezman Mezzer.
Correct tune and oil for my weight, it's pretty damn good. I didn't think it would make that much difference but it's night and day.

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
I finally got around to changing the damper tune in the Mezzer on my bike. I've had it for ages and purchased it from @kten on here with a Shockcraft tune in it. He's heavier than me and had all the damping plus 50wt oil, it was ok but very harsh compared to my other Rulezman Mezzer.
Correct tune and oil for my weight, it's pretty damn good. I didn't think it would make that much difference but it's night and day.
Are you running the same air pressure in each fork? Dave likes air pressure and Dougal likes damping so less air.

komdotkom

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Are you running the same air pressure in each fork? Dave likes air pressure and Dougal likes damping so less air.
Slightly different pressures, but not dramatically different. I'll drop a couple of PSI out of the SC fork and see what it's like. It's got more stiction than the Rulezman one, might need a bushing burnish.

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Slightly different pressures, but not dramatically different. I'll drop a couple of PSI out of the SC fork and see what it's like. It's got more stiction than the Rulezman one, might need a bushing burnish.
Yeah the friction reduction is Dave’s thing for sure. It would be interesting to put the Shockcraft damper into the Rulezman fork.