What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
I'm wondering how the young fearless Canary tests the dropper in the backyard :cool:

There must be some big moar features between the clothesline and garden shed.

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
Climbing test - he rode it up the slippery dip.
Are these still a thing? They weren't as fun as the ads made it look.

We have a short steep grassy hill climb, past the lilly pilly, step up to deck. The reverse is downhill and moar fun. I don't think the eldest will ride down the stairs from the deck, but I'm certain the youngest will attempt it one day.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Rear brakes would be nice and light.

Bars and dropper arrived and went on the hardtail. A few test rides to really check the difference.

EDIT: Quick 10km and a few minor adjustments and it is pretty close to what I am after. The BrandX dropper remote is a bit crap with the Shimano brake levers. Hard to find a position that is comfortable for the lever and the brakes where I want them. I will persevere for the moment but compared to the Wolf remote on the Bronson it is nowhere near as friendly. Having said that the post wont be used as often so maybe I will just put up with it.

I will swap the old Renthal fatbar light onto the Bronson and retire the Enve carbon bars which have a lot of UV and years on them.

Last edited:

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
That Norco is looking sharp @Delazy

Eff all chance of riding currently with this weather, so there's been some faff instead. Gf wasn't liking the high rise wide bar set up on the HD4 so there's been a cockpit swap to shorter, flatter bars and a different stem. Personally I think it makes it look like an XC bike now but luckily I'm not the target market. Quick spin around and the new set up has been given the tick of approval, so it's staying.

20230504_155802 1 (2).jpg

Next change will be swapping the MMs for some Wild Enduro 2.6s.