What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Didn't actually get around to getting a ride in this weekend, but did manage to complete some fettling on the bike.

Took the factory coil out of my Z1 so I could convert it back to coil - just Smashpot kit this time.

Also did some deanodising to remove the anemic bloody grey anodising on the Vorsprung top cap (it turned out alright but took a butt-load of polishing and faffing about to get it looking decent, it was super-matte after stripping the colour off):
4334FC66-B356-435F-AA25-95FBFD2982DC.jpeg

It's really nice being able to get the fork past half-travel again! Not sure why the previous "XFIRM" Marzocchi spring I had in a previous Z1 and the one I bought for this fork were so, so different - but I'm looking forward to getting some compliance and ground-tracking back at the front wheel again!

Still not done with this bike yet... ;)
14DF7BC3-45F9-4918-B20E-92D8290CFCA5.jpeg

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Didn't actually get around to getting a ride in this weekend, but did manage to complete some fettling on the bike.

Took the factory coil out of my Z1 so I could convert it back to coil - just Smashpot kit this time.

Also did some deanodising to remove the anemic bloody grey anodising on the Vorsprung top cap (it turned out alright but took a butt-load of polishing and faffing about to get it looking decent, it was super-matte after stripping the colour off):
View attachment 399418

It's really nice being able to get the fork past half-travel again! Not sure why the previous "XFIRM" Marzocchi spring I had in a previous Z1 and the one I bought for this fork were so, so different - but I'm looking forward to getting some compliance and ground-tracking back at the front wheel again!

Still not done with this bike yet... ;)
View attachment 399419
700lb rear spring??

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
Managed to get the Honzo out on actual dirt for the first time this year.
Zero fitness, but luckily I was riding with eebs so switched and shuttled up to the top for the ride down.
Was getting my confidence up on the way down and got my wheels off the ground intentionally and then hit a slippery rock, OTB'd and landed on my side on a rock. Luckily not too far to ride back down but was in a bit of pain.
Solid bruise on my leg, shoulder and palms of both hands and the inability to twist too much.
Still, good day out and looking forward to getting out again in a couple of weeks!

Oh, and the wheels I picked up from @Wake Jake arrived - need a couple of bits but now have a set of wheels for both bikes!

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Luftkappe arrived a few days ago, got some time to put it in this afternoon instead of a ride.

FFS :mad:

Dunno what they have sent me but I sent them the code off the fork and copy pasted the description from Fox into the email, yep we got the Luftkappe for your fork. Will be rebuilt with original piston until its sorted out.

Update: They're on it already, got a phone call within 15 mins of sending the email... might even get the right one by express on Friday morning.

fghdhfgdfdghhfgd.jpg

Last edited:

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Update 2: Another call from a different company employee from home who checked his email while having a beer after tea... I have a 36 Evol piston in the wrong factory sealed box.

Box was correctly labelled but the piston was incorrect.

They said Vorsprung have changed some packaging lately and this is the first incorrect Luftkappe but they have had a few Smashpot's with the wrong contents in the last 6 months.

New one will be on the way, express in the morning.

Looks like a 36 Luftkappe :(
Spot on :cool:

20230510_163448.jpg

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Get the bigger hammer out and hope that you don't end up with a rigid fork.

Hope they sort it our or coild be new fork time to suit the Luftkappe. :)

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
That looks like a fairly flat route for the distance covered from what I've seen...

Any review? Which way did you end up taking?
They don't give you a choice, one way trails, which was great until (as mentioned in the Indigo thread) you get fuckwits on motorbikes going the wrong way up the downhill flow section.

My Garmin 820 is starting to show signs of age and it only picked up 800m elevation, as opposed to the Trailforks claimed 1,100. And I recorded 43km.

Screenshot_20230510_191034_Trailforks.jpg

On an XC whippet with my fat chonk on it, the climbing was pretty reasonable. Nothing too technical, but that climb to the peak has some pretty nasty pinches in it.

The ride down from the peak was a metric shit-tonne of fun. The first two-thirds are man-made flow, the last third is untouched original Yack trak, but it's marked out for where they plan to continue.

@ozzybmx @shiny @rockmoose Much of it reminded me of Middle Earth at Fox before the fire. It is very similar to the northern trails at Forrest in the Otways. In fact, take out the Forrest roots, sprinkle in a few patches of the Melrose rocks and you pretty much have Indigo.

Attachments