What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
We camped there and rode Melrose for two days, maybe 6 or 7 years ago, when we were on the way up to the centre. It was fun for sure, but it was difficult to know where you were, or where you were going. Yep, lots of connecting roads and stuff. One ace ride was in some farm where the cocky apparently was a rider. We weren’t sure if we were trespassing or not, but thought f~ck it, what are they gonna do and pressed on. When we got back to the car, they appeared and were friendly as, and I think we had scones, jam and cream… perfection.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
We camped there and rode Melrose for two days, maybe 6 or 7 years ago, when we were on the way up to the centre. It was fun for sure, but it was difficult to know where you were, or where you were going. Yep, lots of connecting roads and stuff. One ace ride was in some farm where the cocky apparently was a rider. We weren’t sure if we were trespassing or not, but thought f~ck it, what are they gonna do and pressed on. When we got back to the car, they appeared and were friendly as, and I think we had scones, jam and cream… perfection.
Bartagunyah ! The trail called the 'Whisky Trail' and 'Eurovision' is a loop that this new trail will open up to 100% singletrail, should make it about a 30km loop all up with the out and back on the epic return section.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
100%... I try to get a lunch ride in, if possible. Just to get out, and forget the corporate shjt, to enjoy just riding and the coastal bush.

Most are just 6kms, some are 10kms, and some are 18kms.

The 18km one usually involves a bought lunch, which negates the benefits of the longer riding time.

A 10km one today, and I didn't get rained on... it was sunny and serene.
My local ones include riding from home and back and are about 10 to 20 km depending on the route. I try to fit it into the time I have free instead of counting kms.

There are some uphill that make the shorter rides still take some effort.

It is more about making the most of what you have nearby. Loading up the car and going to a trail is a better option but I can be out and back much easier at the local. Just getting out for a blat and being happy about it will do me.

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Yep, I have way better trails 10 minutes away in the car, but don’t have time for that at WFH lunchtime.

My lunchtime rides have to fit in with work commitments and if I have a Customer facing meeting afterwards, I’ll just do a short one, if at all, in case I have a mechanical.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I couldn't see myself doing lunchtime rides unless I was WFH because I am a massive sweat machine when riding. So even though I'm generally not super stinky afterwards (I hope), I wouldn't want to be sitting around in saturated clothes for hours post-ride.

Maybe if you get an hour lunchbreak and can use some of that time to have a wash and change clothes afterwards it'd be cool, but trying to fit all that into a 1/2-hour break? Pass...

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Went for a night ride with @fjohn860 at the You Yangs and saw a bunch of scorpions.(google says it’s a Wood scorpion)
Never seen any there before so was surprised. One had a broken arm and another had a missing arm altogether!
We theorised it must be mating season and they are fighting over the ladies but really NFI.
Heaps of other weird little creepy crawlies out tonight too.
View attachment 399523
Forgot I took a photo of this cricket too...
IMG_20230512_155411.jpg

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
I couldn't see myself doing lunchtime rides unless I was WFH because I am a massive sweat machine when riding. So even though I'm generally not super stinky afterwards (I hope), I wouldn't want to be sitting around in saturated clothes for hours post-ride.

Maybe if you get an hour lunchbreak and can use some of that time to have a wash and change clothes afterwards it'd be cool, but trying to fit all that into a 1/2-hour break? Pass...
A ride is not totally done until shower time. If too tight for time then ditch those knicks as the absolute minimum.

I do feel more energised after a ride. Try to put all meetings before ride time and do the business as usual drudgery in the afternoon where possible.

For CoDs then an early morning shower is easier to wrangle. I prefer a CoD mostly since it is very easy to get stuck doing a task that starts at 9ish and takes up the morning and onwards.

Ackland

chats d'élevage
Not mine @Lazmo but will be riding it soon - - https://flowmountainbike.com/features/mount-remarkable-epic-preview/

The soon to be open Melrose epic, not sure on the exact length but around 50km for the epic and an additional descending trail from the top of about 7-8km with 600m drop. It also opens up another few awesome loops that used to have some dirt roads to access including a shit of a climb up a road called Hills Rd (appropriately named) then a long dirt road descent to get to the start, this new trail will make riding there a pleasure.

Exciting stuff.

@Ackland is the Project Manager and knows all the details.
38km give or take

ausdb

Being who he is
Wheel rebuilding last night, chucked the ERD I found for the ARC27 into the DT Swiss calculator with the 350 hub from @PJO. It spits out 289 and 291mm, measure the ones I took out from the boost hub and bingo!
It's a long time since I've built wheels but got the logo lined up first try. Now I just need to dig the truing stand out of the shed and tension it up.
DSC_3364-picsay1.jpg

crash3

Likes Dirt
Hired an E-MTB for the first time while on holiday in Port Douglas. Did 50 km of riding, including a total of 1000m climb on the day I had it. I knew I'd hate how much I love it.
The left hand crank arm came off a couple of times, luckily I took my multi tool as the supplied one didn't have the 8mm hex to re-attach.
1684107019115.png

I'd recommend the bump track if you're ever up there, but definitely get dropped at the top if you don't have a battery and a motor to help you up.

Went along to a SCUM track work day over the weekend too - was great to put some faces to names of the guys who maintain the trails and run events.

slowmick

38-39"
Took my daughter on an ice cream ride for mother's day. Tis the traditional day for Dads to take the kids bike riding while mum has a few moments to herself. Around our way there are always plenty of dads for whom it is the only day to ride bikes. Took the glory as chasing my 6 year old on a 16" bike doesn't require a great deal of speed. Was worth it to see a young boy stop his dad as they walked past it outside the ice cream shop and say "dad - what type of bike it that. that's sick." Step right up young man - a world of silliness awaits.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Was going to go for lunch blat up the park but Mrs suggested at path ride.

Saw a largish black snake on the grass on the side of the trail but fortunately Mrs missed it. A large kangaroo was near the reservoir and there were also riding coming up the other direction. Didn't want to upset that guy.

Banh Mi stop at the legendary Nguyen's Hot Bread. Huzzah.

20230515_144616.jpg

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Made a 'bullet tool' for inserting my air spring back through the little bottom seal.

Looks dodgy but worked a treat. Shaft is the exact same diameter as the flat sharp end of the air damper. Greased it up and it slid straight through.

A quick driveway spin gives the feels I'm going to like this Luftkappe @kten

No volume spacers and an extra 10psi for correct sag, will try and get a run out tonight... bloody tax accountant in 2 hours and nothing sorted yet.

PXL_20230515_040907365~2.jpg

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Made a 'bullet tool' for inserting my air spring back through the little bottom seal.

Looks dodgy but worked a treat. Shaft is the exact same diameter as the flat sharp end of the air damper. Greased it up and it slid straight through.

No volume spacers and an extra 10psi for correct sag, will try and get a run out tonight... bloody tax accountant in 2 hours and nothing sorted yet.

View attachment 399609
Love your work. Supple off the top, a decent mid stroke and enough progression for me was my takeaway after fitting the little luftkappe.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)

View attachment 399609
Just wait until you get a Smashpot. ;)