What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Rode Fox creek in Adelaide for the first time today. So fast so steep in spots and so much fun.
Can’t say I loved the fire road back to the top though. If I get back there I’ll make sure I get onto a shuttle.
You folks in Adelaide sure have an amazing place to ride.
Depending which track you went down there are two single track climbs back up, Middle Earth and Climbing Ivy. Don’t get out there very often as have trails on my doorstep but have heard there have been some great work on the trails in Fox.

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Redhill down to Mcilroys, awesome, then climb climb back up to the water tank, then bomb down through the park. One beer, drive home very zen. Nice day.

45EB9B7C-7434-4B4C-BFF1-324BD91F028A.png

BorisBC

Likes Bikes
Swapped the stock Ikons for some Maxxis Refuse on my Fathom to make it a super commuter. My first go at setting up tubeless and it was stupidly easy! Much easier than swapping a tube.

Also, I had a spin on an e-mtb.. And I liked it. The electric version of my Fathom actually. It was only in the LBS car park but damn, when you bump the assistance up, acceleration is so much fun! Dunno if I'd ride dirty too much, but it'd make an even better commuter bike.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Depending which track you went down there are two single track climbs back up, Middle Earth and Climbing Ivy. Don’t get out there very often as have trails on my doorstep but have heard there have been some great work on the trails in Fox.
Yep someone told me middle earth was a nice cruisey climb. Took forever.
I didn’t realise that shuttles were running otherwise I would have booked myself a seat and avoided the pain of climbing.
I was super impressed with the place. Looks like a lot of resources and effort go into maintaining the trails.
Definitely would return.

BT180

Max Pfaff
Picked up new set of wheels. Certainly an interesting ride, wasn't larger Front wheels a thing a few years back?

Bunny hopping is amusing, and anything with a grade steeper than a suburban driveway is flat out begging for an otb

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk
WTF how old is that?

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
WTF how old is that?
I don't have even the slightest clue. Tyres are old, maybe 70s or 80s old but the bike is a home made job so couldn't even begin to put a date on it. Front is 28inch and rear is 12.5inch, it's like a small scale model of the real deal.

It'll be featuring at the lysty ffll series for a little mid ride entertainment

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

Paulie_AU

Likes Dirt
Installed the Lyriks on the trance. Took it for a quick street bash can really feel the stiffer chassis when hitting lumpy stuff. Bike is now black....... very black (apart from the orange grips). At least the new hardtail will add colour to the stable. Looks like I will own bikes with two colours though.

Duallie: Matt black
Roadie: Matt black with some red.
Hardtail: Glossy red with black forks.

Friday morning I will test the Lyrik in anger.

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
(Actually yesterday)

Ordered some shiny new Hope brakes for the Sight. Also grabbed a new front tyre for more grip at the always-sketchy You Yangs. After much careful deliberation, and reading up on the many different compound choices available (I'd already decided on a 2.5 DHF)...I went ahead and ordered the exact same tyre as The Boy bought for his Strive a month ago.

Also, my order at MountainBikesDirect shows as being 'On Hold'. Does anyone know what that means, exactly? (First person to reply with, 'it means it's on hold' or some variation thereof wins a year's supply of pinch flats and dinged rims.)

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
If it's a expensive order, they sometimes mark it as "On Hold" until payment clears on their side.

The one time it happened to me - I messaged them about it, they checked the payment had arrived and cleared it for release.