What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Flow-Rider

Burner
(Actually yesterday)

Ordered some shiny new Hope brakes for the Sight. Also grabbed a new front tyre for more grip at the always-sketchy You Yangs. After much careful deliberation, and reading up on the many different compound choices available (I'd already decided on a 2.5 DHF)...I went ahead and ordered the exact same tyre as The Boy bought for his Strive a month ago.

Also, my order at MountainBikesDirect shows as being 'On Hold'. Does anyone know what that means, exactly? (First person to reply with, 'it means it's on hold' or some variation thereof wins a year's supply of pinch flats and dinged rims.)
Just email them, they usually answer in under an hour.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Prime does not fill a tiny gap
It will have Pole Evolink (150mm 29er) on one side and a Turner Sultan (125mm 29er) on the other. So its a 10-15mm gap.

But hey what else are you meant to do with a spare Fox 36 Talas and Dpx2?

Damn dude, maybe you should have just left it as a gap.
But mines black with Banshee written down the side.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Last edited:

link1896

Mr Greenfield
tried to zip up my body Armor

fuck me, excuse me while I go spend a month with some thai monks drinking celery juice

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Fitted a Vittoria Barzo to the rear coz the Peyote was cooked. Was hoping to wear it down to smooth but a small nick that had been threatening to open finally did while it was sitting in the boot.

Hoping the graphene compound in the Barzo helps the longevity, the Peyote only went on mid-August.

Looks much better with 2.35s on each end

Hipstar

Likes Dirt
35mm bars can EAD. Stupid things kept cracking my Magura clamp face plate.

Only solution was new bars, obviously, in normal person diameter. Got the uber cheap Lyriks this week too, debonair 170mm shaft went in and I'm happy again.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
35mm bars can EAD. Stupid things kept cracking my Magura clamp face plate.

Only solution was new bars, obviously, in normal person diameter. Got the uber cheap Lyriks this week too, debonair 170mm shaft went in and I'm happy again.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
As a fellow DVO tragic I feel sad for you.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Paulie_AU

Likes Dirt
New lyriks got a roll this morning. Noticably stiffer than my 150mm 34's.

Currently running 65psi. 3 clicks lsc and rebound wherever it needed to be (one click slower than my bounce test was telling me)

hellmansam

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yesty I went in search of some flat pedal specific shoes, slim pickings to choose from locally but having left my sneakers at work I needed something on the spot. Looked at Specialized, Fiveten, Shimano, and bought a pair of Giro Riddance. The Fivetens looked/felt great in terms of protection, a good amount of stiffness etc but they didn't have any without the slots for cleats. The Shimano GR7 and 9 looked flimsy and a bit delicate. None of the Specialized offerings grabbed my attention so I don't recall much about them...had to visit three shops to see all the above. Should be an improvement on my sneakers as far as pedalling goes. Pedals themselves could do with an upgrade, currently using some very thin $25 Tioga plastic flats - I was a clipless snob back in the day so I didn't think I'd ever do any serious riding on the flats.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Flat pedals are life affirming...... do yourself a favour and pick up some DMR vaults

Best flats I’ve used. I’ve been through alot of the cheap ones, and a fair few not so cheapies.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
What are you running at the momoment? They’re bigger then saints, not as big as VP harriers (better shape though, slightly concave so they hold the feeties better)