What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

BorisBC

Likes Bikes
Seat post drama day today. Made mine a bit higher at work but was too high so was slow on the way home.

Could be worse as a work buddy snapped the seat post clean in half on his commute in!

wavike

Likes Dirt
Finally got around to replacing the front 3" Ground Control OEM tire on my Fuse which was leaking sealant, always looked liked I'd just rode through a puddle. Held air though for 7 mths. New Purgatory put on with 'orange sealant' this time instead of stans. Looks good no seepage (so far).
Tire leaver to get old tire off, them able to put the new on with fingers only and sealup with high volume pump on the 38mm rovals. Rear Ground control still had some 'stans' so cleaned out and put back on with some 'orange' fingers and pump also.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Fitted some Formula R1 Race to the Charge Duster and some 38mm rise Fatbar Lites to the Rune.

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Day 10 of our mtb odyssey...

... well today was more ace than ever before... the acerest of aceness.

We're camped at Mt Beauty... thought we'd ride Falls Creek. So up we go... start on soft Lake View, then Turbine, then Generator... when we come across John, ya FallsCreek trail maintenance guy... got chatting, he says... look I'm going to the summit in a mo, you finish Generator and I'll shuttle you to the top... then do Frying Pan, High Voltage, Wishing Well and finish with Flow Town, and then I'll take you back to your car... such a great friendly guy... and Sue and I agree... probably the the best mtb ride of our lives.

Ky1e

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Day 10 of our mtb odyssey...

... well today was more ace than ever before... the acerest of aceness.

We're camped at Mt Beauty... thought we'd ride Falls Creek. So up we go... start on soft Lake View, then Turbine, then Generator... when we come across John, ya FallsCreek trail maintenance guy... got chatting, he says... look I'm going to the summit in a mo, you finish Generator and I'll shuttle you to the top... then do Frying Pan, High Voltage, Wishing Well and finish with Flow Town, and then I'll take you back to your car... such a great friendly guy... and Sue and I agree... probably the the best mtb ride of our lives.
Damn! How lucky was that! Buy that man a beer!

Didn't do anything to my rocky today... UT I did strip my buddy's Bronson and replace all the bearings with new ones..

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Night lap of the Mont course. Damn, its been way too long since i rode at night, I'd forgotten how freaking fun it is!

Second best time ever down Big Wednesday:second:

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Shifted camp to Porepunkah near Bright and got over that my bike is on crack... hired a Trek Fuel EX7, and headed into Brights trails. Three hours of fun and occasional lostness... with Hero being the highlight, particularly the bottom half.

I was worried the Trek would make me lust for another bike, but na... it feels wooden compared to my stumpy... I just don't think I'm a 29er guy.

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
Fiddled and fussed - glued some sandpaper to shift levers for non-slipness, and got a stray cable tidied up.

Tomorrow - actual riding!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Fiddled and fussed - glued some sandpaper to shift levers for non-slipness, and got a stray cable tidied up.

Tomorrow - actual riding!
I like this idea. May have to visit the skate shop for some off cuts...no idea why I feel compelled to though as this has not been an issue for me before.

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I like this idea. May have to visit the skate shop for some off cuts...no idea why I feel compelled to though as this has not been an issue for me before.
I got onto this a year or so back. Riding all the time in a stupidly humid/ rainy climate the past 3 years it seemed like a no brainer. Bought a full skate deck grip sheet (who the hell skates in that climate?) for about $10 from memory & enough to last a lifetime. Great upgrade for FA, though you will go through the right thumb of your gloves a lot faster.
Do your paws a favour.

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Last day of riding for our mtb trip... took the hire Trek out again at Bright and did the bits off to each side... three hours on the bikes, and now have a reasonable idea of the trail layout... and enjoyed it immensely... some of the trails near Morses Creek were great fun old school built by kids tracks. Anyway we've had an awesome two weeks of riding, and other than my broken bike, we came out of it unscathed. My wife is loving her new bike... doing stuff she would never have attempted before... which augers well for the future.

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
I made a big decision this morning. I've decided to sell both my bikes and take up CX. I'm getting too old to be banging down bumpy hills and having fun. I dunno if I'm getting old or what, but suddenly the idea of carrying a road bike up a muddy hill then sliding back down it again has never sounded more appealing. I just hope they sell the lycra gear in my size. Can't do proper CX without lycra!

creaky

XMAS Plumper
I made a big decision this morning. I've decided to sell both my bikes and take up CX. I'm getting too old to be banging down bumpy hills and having fun. I dunno if I'm getting old or what, but suddenly the idea of carrying a road bike up a muddy hill then sliding back down it again has never sounded more appealing. I just hope they sell the lycra gear in my size. Can't do proper CX without lycra!
Don't feel bad, you have finally reached a level of maturity where you can clearly see that the true path to cycling nirvana is cyclocross.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Last day of riding for our mtb trip... took the hire Trek out again at Bright and did the bits off to each side... three hours on the bikes, and now have a reasonable idea of the trail layout... and enjoyed it immensely... some of the trails near Morses Creek were great fun old school built by kids tracks. Anyway we've had an awesome two weeks of riding, and other than my broken bike, we came out of it unscathed. My wife is loving her new bike... doing stuff she would never have attempted before... which augers well for the future.
This sounds like the perfect time to get that new bike.

The transfiguration has began!

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
I'm feeling a tad April fooled...

golden path

Banned
Bunged some black rape tape on my downtube to ward off stone chips a bit, then rode it 19k's, ending up on part of the Golden Triangle Epic circuit.

Happily, not a creak from it now. I am a happy panda once more. :cheer2: