What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Took it for a ride. (First ride in months too…)

Karma-train came round and bit me on the arse and I ended up with a 0mm travel dropper after the cable snapped inside the PNW dropper. Very glad it broke with the post up not down though, a little extra high-posting is okay on gravel and bikepath, a lot of BMX saddle-height kms would not be!

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Very glad it broke with the post up not down though, a little extra high-posting is okay on gravel and bikepath, a lot of BMX saddle-height kms would not be!
We did this on Blue Tier, pulled the seatpost out and hand adjusted it to give 20-30mm drop and put it back in.

When we got to the lookout at the top of Dam Busters, it got slammed by hand and decended to the trailhead.

beeb

We did this on Blue Tier, pulled the seatpost out and hand adjusted it to give 20-30mm drop and put it back in.

When we got to the lookout at the top of Dam Busters, it got slammed by hand and decended to the trailhead.
Wouldn't have worked with this, it was the cable inside the dropper post that broke off. It's an externally routed dropper, but the design uses another cable (looks like nylon/dyneema thread or similar), to translate the external mechanism being pulled into actuating the release mechanism inside the post. The bike doesn't really need a dropper, but cornering is way more fun when you can drop the saddle out of the way and really lay the bike over. Getting a faint 'schralp' sound going round bends on a concrete bikepath is silly fun. :)

And as for dropping the seatpost inside the frame, nope - She's bottomed out already. :p

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
Wouldn't have worked with this, it was the cable inside the dropper post that broke off. It's an externally routed dropper, but the design uses another cable (looks like nylon/dyneema thread or similar), to translate the external mechanism being pulled into actuating the release mechanism inside the post. The bike doesn't really need a dropper, but cornering is way more fun when you can drop the saddle out of the way and really lay the bike over. Getting a faint 'schralp' sound going round bends on a concrete bikepath is silly fun. :)

And as for dropping the seatpost inside the frame, nope - She's bottomed out already. :p
Brand X? Would one of these kits help?

beeb

Brand X? Would one of these kits help?
It's a PNW, which may/may not be different. I'll request warranty on it first of all as I've only had it installed for about 6 rides. :oops:

[EDIT] Good spotting though, could possibly use part of the kit to bodge something up in a crisis. :)

@beeb sounds like your last ride on that bike after such a catastrophic failure... New Bike Day :D
I don't -Spot Rocker- know what you're talking about...

Maybe once my regional move is complete. Won't be in the midst of selling/buying houses and relocating that's for sure!

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
It's a PNW, which may/may not be different. I'll request warranty on it first of all as I've only had it installed for about 6 rides. :oops:

[EDIT] Good spotting though, could possibly use part of the kit to bodge something up in a crisis. :)
Ermergerd, I read PNW in your post and then forgot headslap

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I don't -Spot Rocker- know what you're talking about...

Maybe once my regional move is complete. Won't be in the midst of selling/buying houses and relocating that's for sure!
Hmmmm... not a happy time IIRC.

Stressful, time consuming and infuriating then you finally get the keys to the new place... painting, buying new shit and renos :(

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Took it for a ride. (First ride in months too…)
View attachment 392262

Karma-train came round and bit me on the arse and I ended up with a 0mm travel dropper after the cable snapped inside the PNW dropper. Very glad it broke with the post up not down though, a little extra high-posting is okay on gravel and bikepath, a lot of BMX saddle-height kms would not be!
I've got an as new Bike Yoke Revive if you need it :p

Last edited:

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Haha, they’ve been coming for a long time - wrong stem lengths for my needs or I’d consider giving one a go. I’ve had a good run with my two Nivos. Would buy again (despite the price).
I knew you loved the Nivo posts, I did not however know what they cost :eek::oops:

No wonder you are selling up and moving to the country!

ausdb

Being who he is
TLDR rode it, caught a tree and crashed it

Longer version, my son is doing the kids lessons organised by KMBC at the camel farm. You're supposed to stay around the area for the duration so went for a little ride myself.
Thought I would give @Rorschach loop a try as I've never ridden Camakaze before and had about 2 hours to kill. I took it easy and b-lined some of the features at the beginning but started to get the hang of it about halfway through. Whilst focussing on a small ramp ahead I forgot about the little tree on my left and tackled the dirt pretty hard on my right side. I got up and straightened out my front brake and shifter but my mojo remained in the dirt and didn't return, arm and shoulder were pretty sore so gave up on the idea of heading up Gunjin and cruised back to the camel farm via the munda biddi.
Collected my son from his ride then picked up some first aid from the Mundaring shops and went and looked at a bike with friend for her son.
Came home and got a bollocking from my wife for riding by myself.
Learning outcomes of the experience. The ground seems a lot harder now. than when I used to mtb in the 90s. I now need to get some elbow pads to go with my kneepads. I think I need some lessons as much as my son does. I'm getting quite good at not scratching my new helmet when I crash :rolleyes:

Last edited: