What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Whilst swapping parts from frame to frame, discovered that (below vid) resulted in (following picture). Rode the rest of the day at Maydena with it like that, and a few rides (including jump trails) since too. :oops:

View attachment 385753
You owe whatever bar clamp was wrapped around that a beer. Lucky stuff…

moorey

call me Mia
Re: high POE/zero- or low-lag hubs ... Initial "feel" difference is often not very perceptible when you make the switch. You really feel the difference when you swap back to your old sloppy hubs!
Pfft. As if you’ve ever used anything other than Shimano hubs.

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Picked up a roadie on the way to Kalamunda tonight.

Clearly it made the mtb gods unhappy as I arrived at the Camel Farm to find this:

Was still hard from last week before I left and I was scratching me head as to what had happened. Tried inflating and there was air pissing out everywhere. Then I noticed the burnt DHF and realised the cheap carrier had twisted and put the tyre up against the exhaust for the drive there…. This is the 3rd time in 4 weeks that I’ve had a tyre deflate enroute, all for different reasons.

Anyway, I threw the mtb in the car and took the roadie out for a quick spin on the trails.

Road bikes are shit and ruin lives.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Picked up a roadie on the way to Kalamunda tonight.

Clearly it made the mtb gods unhappy as I arrived at the Camel Farm to find this:

View attachment 385785

Was still hard from last week before I left and I was scratching me head as to what had happened. Tried inflating and there was air pissing out everywhere. Then I noticed the burnt DHF and realised the cheap carrier had twisted and put the tyre up against the exhaust for the drive there…. This is the 3rd time in 4 weeks that I’ve had a tyre deflate enroute, all for different reasons.

Anyway, I threw the mtb in the car and took the roadie out for a quick spin on the trails.

View attachment 385786

Road bikes are shit and ruin lives.
Presta: 1
Schrader: 0

:p

smaj

Likes Dirt
Hadn't ridden in a week, so dusted off the bike and rode Majura. The first couple of uphill corners had me thinking I'd end up in the Fuckwits thread soon, but then I remembered how to ride and had a great time. The dirt at Majura was just beautiful, plus Canberra turned on one of it's pre-Autumn Autumnal days, couldn't have wished for a better morning to go riding.

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Presta: 1
Schrader: 0

:p
I know this was a joke, but in the interests of not having misinformation leading people astray on the internet, I just wanted to note that none of the 3 flats were in any way related to the schrader valve.

The schrader valves would survive anything and still hold air. A bloody nuclear blast wouldn’t stop them. Chuck Norris, Steven Seagal and Sylvester Stallone combined couldn’t hurt them. They are invincible.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I know this was a joke, but in the interests of not having misinformation leading people astray on the internet, I just wanted to note that none of the 3 flats were in any way related to the schrader valve.

The schrader valves would survive anything and still hold air. A bloody nuclear blast wouldn’t stop them. Chuck Norris, Steven Seagal and Sylvester Stallone combined couldn’t hurt them. They are invincible.

Looks like someone presta button.