What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Finished the new trail bike.

My 2 previous good bikes had racist cable routing so this view makes me particularly happy.

Will look at a pyr once I’ve dialled it in.
Nice. The agnostic cable routing on the RMs is great, makes getting a neat and tidy cockpit a breeze.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I went on a long ride this afternoon. I got dropped off at geilston bay and rode over to shag bay where I rode 4 balls and 2 tools
View attachment 385675
Then I rode up pilchers hill and found a creek gap that I rode a few times View attachment 385676
Then I rode up some fire trails with the hope they’d connect with the Meehan trail network
I was very relived to see the Meehan skyline signView attachment 385677
After that I rode down corkscrew to the skills park, crossed the highway and then rode down 2 logs down at Waverley before going home. I saw one person at the Meehan skills park, but no one on any other trails.
How many kilometres did you cover? It reads like you covered most of your island in search of Moby Dick!

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Apparently I am supposed to ask about the POE of this? Also is it really loud? Any less than 100 POE and 85 dB is not certified for sending.
It looks like the internals of the Spank hex/Funn Fantom et al. So 102poe, and less than Hope levels of loud.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

moorey

call me Mia
Apparently I am supposed to ask about the POE of this? Also is it really loud? Any less than 100 POE and 85 dB is not certified for sending.
Consensus from many these days is that huge POE is overrated, and just leads to excessive kickback on many bikes.
I have no issue with older Hope 24poe's and later 40+ poe's. I have industry 9's on one bike with 102(?) and don't find an advantage and never ride them). I prefer the sound of the newer Hopes...but that's just vanity.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
It looks like the internals of the Spank hex/Funn Fantom et al. So 102poe, and less than Hope levels of loud.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk
CarbonTi, 56 POE, and quieter than Hope but loud enough to be heard by the racers I'm creeping up on. :mad:

Consensus from many these days is that huge POE is overrated, and just leads to excessive kickback on many bikes.
I have no issue with older Hope 24poe's and later 40+ poe's. I have industry 9's on one bike with 102(?) and don't find an advantage and never ride them). I prefer the sound of the newer Hopes...but that's just vanity.
What's kickback?

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
It would be hard not to keep sneaking a look of yourself in that primo new hat though....
Unless you mean another kind of vain?

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Consensus from many these days is that huge POE is overrated
Yeah I read an article recently that said the same. Old mate from Cairns just got some 102 POE and noticed climbing improvement on technical stuff. I imagine some is placebo effect, it obviously feels different as @moorey confirms, and no kickback on a hardtail? Pretty sure everything I own is 24 or under.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Yeah I read an article recently that said the same. Old mate from Cairns just got some 102 POE and noticed climbing improvement on technical stuff. I imagine some is placebo effect, it obviously feels different as @moorey confirms, and no kickback on a hardtail? Pretty sure everything I own is 24 or under.
I reckon there's a difference. I still prefer a reasonable POE as we have a lot of shitty, techy climbing and I think it does make a difference racheting and then getting back onto it etc. But how high I don't know. I've only had 30 or 102. I'd like to try something in the middle yet.