What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
It was quite short lived. Hopefully softens the soil so when the proper stuff blows through tomorrow, it doesn't all just run off into the gulf.
Was meant to be a bit today, would have went for an actual ride this morning if I knew it was going to stay dry until mid afternoon.

Might be a good night for a few beers if we are getting 20mm allegedly.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Was meant to be a bit today, would have went for an actual ride this morning if I knew it was going to stay dry until mid afternoon.

Might be a good night for a few beers if we are getting 20mm allegedly.

View attachment 377589
I'll come around for a few beers, then when the wind really picks up we can slosh our way down Ando's.

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Nah keep it coming, it's bringing me snow.
Hahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Blah blah blaaaaaaaaahhhhh blaahhhhhh

... alternative to the white views from the top, this was the carpark chair at Guthega on my last day. Perhaps the first time I have wanted an e-Bike!

A brief disclaimer...despite having to all about 500m to the nearest open chair lift, I as also able to go out of bounds at the top and board all the way back to the carpark on a thin layer of snow, a few rocks, some grass, and a bit of dirt. This was fun.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
... alternative to the white views from the top, this was the carpark chair at Guthega on my last day. Perhaps the first time I have wanted an e-Bike!

They've just cleared the 20cm or so from last night. Let's revisit this tomorrow...

But yeah the carpark chair at Guthega is not always something you want to ski down to.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
View attachment 377622

They've just cleared the 20cm or so from last night. Let's revisit this tomorrow...

But yeah the carpark chair at Guthega is not always something you want to ski down to.
Indeed they just sent me an email asking "did someone say 115cm?" and proclaiming the storm of the season. That will be good if it happens, they need it. Was weird to b there mod winter and be hearing talk of "so early in the season..." I love the hype machine!

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Was weird to b there mod winter and be hearing talk of "so early in the season..." I love the hype machine!
They mean mid-ski season. Which here is a tiny window, basically July, August and September. Anything in June or October is a bonus.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
They mean mid-ski season. Which here is a tiny window, basically July, August and September. Anything in June or October is a bonus.
I reckon our ski season is 7-9 weeks...

In bike related adventures, I took one of my mates kids for a pedal this arv. Built one of them a bike for his birthday in May and between weather, work, and so on this was the first chance to get on the trail with him and the bike. The results were good! The bike is a little bit big for him (he is in year 1 but a tall kid and the bike is a modified small 09 reign) he was still able to get pretty clean air time over the 6 shooter dirt lumps. His older brother was giving it some real send. Good times for all.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Performed a 1x11spd XT upgrade on a neighbour mate's 2x10 Trek Remedy:

Fuck me, everything was fucked. Took me 10 mins to remove that bearing from the crank axle.

All the pivot bearings & bushings are completely shot. The rear damper is blown. Told him to take it to https://www.mtbsuspension.com.au/ when the lockdown ends as I'm not rebuilding a Fox RE:activ damper. And they can hopefully address the pivots while it's there.

The drivetrain is now nice though.

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
Tried out my other Push-eeez buys today. Super B chain cleaner and some Squirt chain lube. Both seem like decent buys.

Played with my shock again. Bumped up pressure to 270psi. But then my afternoon riding plans were shot when a palm tree fell in our driveway from the wind . Lucky chainsaws go through palm trees really easily with minimal sharpening right... :rolleyes:
Genuinely lucky the kids were nowhere near it when it happened though.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
By the look of the skinny teeth on that little ring, the chain is probably well stretched and cassette worn.

Probably needs a good birthday all around.
Did you miss the bit where I said I fitted a 1x11spd XT drivetrain? :D

Absolutely everything that came off is in the bin now (shifter excepted). Nothing good can come of it.