What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Fast rebuild @Litenbror - how'd you have appropriate spokes available?
The rim I had as a spare for the Waltly and the spokes are being reused from the donor wheel, not ideal but it will work. Fortunately the difference between a DT Swiss 350 classic and an old race face arc rim and the Onyx hub on a new race face arc rim is close enough.

Last edited:

Paulie_AU

Likes Dirt
This weekend upgraded my son to a 2021 Giant STP. Long live 26". He was too big for 24" but really couldn't see him throwing around a 27.5 at 140cm tall. Great little bike he was really hooking on it this arvo compared to his 24". When he gets a bit bigger and aggressive on it he can have my Lyrik and go full send.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
This weekend upgraded my son to a 2021 Giant STP. Long live 26". He was too big for 24" but really couldn't see him throwing around a 27.5 at 140cm tall. Great little bike he was really hooking on it this arvo compared to his 24". When he gets a bit bigger and aggressive on it he can have my Lyrik and go full send.
Nice one! At 140cm do you reckon he’s at the absolute lower height that could manage it, or think he could have been on it a few cm ago?

Paulie_AU

Likes Dirt
Nice one! At 140cm do you reckon he’s at the absolute lower height that could manage it, or think he could have been on it a few cm ago?
He handles it well at 140 (actually he is more like 139). He has had a growth spurt last time I measure him he was 136 and it might have been a different story.