What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
You also have Aggressors in there between Ardents and Dissectors but that's an argument on its own.

Spoke to a bloke a while back and he was running the 'super grippy' Dissector on the front and a Minion DHR II on the rear, reckoned they were as grippy as Assegai's.

moorey

call me Mia
I wanted them for the rolling aspect, and when it's not greasy, I love them! That said I could be tempted to go with Dissectors on the next round.

Actually I have some VSnap Flow tyres which I can use for the wet season. It's going to get dry here very soon.
I’ve stopped ever worrying about rolling resistance. For my riding, it’s never worth the down sides. Been spending more time on DD minion DHR2 lately for any time I want to really enjoy the riding. So much quieter and smoother on rough terrain, though that’s more about the soft compound maxggrip.
Unless it’s dry and I’m just clocking up training km’s, sub par grip can eat a fat one.

moorey

call me Mia
You also have Aggressors in there between Ardents and Dissectors but that's an argument on its own.

Spoke to a bloke a while back and he was running the 'super grippy' Dissector on the front and a Minion DHR II on the rear, reckoned they were as grippy as Assegai's.
I rate the aggressor as a grippy dry weather tyre. It’s what I run on spitty rear...but that’s my daily rider for training/fitness work. Front is a DHF intentionally run backwards. Don’t notice any rolling loss, but I swear it feels grippier for cornering.

moorey

call me Mia
I'm the same now, grip over rolling resistance even to the point that I will sacrifice swapping out a Maxx Grip as its worn out twice as fast as a Max Terra or Exo+

That extra $60-70 twice a year are the Medicare gap for 2 visits to the doctor with broken shit.
Word. And just for the fun, too. I’m a bad enough rider as it is. Anything more likely to improve my cornering and performance on rough terrain is worth its weight in gold.

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Grip Wins

I'm now running a Magic Mary on my front and no longer have trust issues - Grip makes a massive difference to confidence levels.

The back end can move around a bit , but the front , i like to stay planted and where I'm ( kinda ) pointing it .

moorey

call me Mia
Grip Wins

I'm now running a Magic Mary on my front and no longer have trust issues - Grip makes a massive difference to confidence levels.

The back end can move around a bit , but the front , i like to stay planted and where I'm ( kinda ) pointing it .
Another strong agree. People often bag out minions, but I find them totally predictable...but maybe that’s because I use them so much...I’ll take predictable any day.
I’ll now contradict myself by saying how much I loooooove the Michelin Wild Enduro’s.
If I’m heading somewhere that I really don’t know the conditions, and it could be a combo of wet/dry/muddy/rocky/rooty, I’ll always run them. They can be a little squirmy on dry hard pack cornering hard, otherwise, magnificent.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
Front is really important, but don’t dismiss rear grip completely.
#ditchtherekon
Nah I'll keep the tyres for the dry season, Rekons are good for QLD conditions. It's only when there's been a downpour that the Rekons aren't at their best but I'm not a hoon around at high speed kind of rider.

Most of my grip issues are due to lack of momentum and poor gear choice.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
I rate the aggressor as a grippy dry weather tyre.
I'd say the Aggressor is as hopeless as a Crossmark in the wet though. Running one with a DHF 2.3 in wet conditions meant guaranteed slides on every flat corner, even when I didn't want to.

I find the Dissector to be far more versatile. DHR great too (obviously).

moorey

call me Mia
I'd say the Aggressor is as hopeless as a Crossmark in the wet though. Running one with a DHF 2.3 in wet conditions meant guaranteed slides on every flat corner, even when I didn't want to.

I find the Dissector to be far more versatile. DHR great too (obviously).
Agreed. Only using mine as dry weather trainer....I don’t push anything on these rides. More about the climbing fitness.
Dissector is my next tyre to try.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Since they don’t make the Hans Dampf in the lighter snakeskin (Super Ground) casing anymore (for the front of a trail bike) I’m considering trying the Dissector exo as it’s the same weight as the lightest HD now (Super Trail).

Only concern is the Dissector has that pattern with a massive gap to the edge blocks with no intermediate blocks.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
I've been impressed with the Newton / Newton ST combo on one of my bikes so I'm considering the Escape for the SS that's getting rejuvenated. Wet weather performance is a complete unknown though.